Best Web site for parts? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep CJ Forum > Best Web site for parts?

THE NEW! VANCO DUAL MODE 15/16″ Big Brake Kit w/BlaFS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great valueEngo winches available at www.rockridge4wd.com! Free shipp

Unread 05-12-2014, 01:17 AM   #1
Sherrif80
1985 CJ7 

Best Web site for parts?

I've seen suggestions for part web sites throughout various posts, but I couldn't find a post that showed a lot of options along with why people like each site. So what site does everyone like to purchase from, and is there any specific reason? Thanks in advance for listing what options are out there.

Last edited by Sherrif80; 05-12-2014 at 06:14 AM..
Sherrif80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-12-2014, 04:20 AM   #2
ScroungerLee
1986 CJ7 

I like Quadratec for their free shipping over $75 and great customer service. JC Whitney is good also.
ScroungerLee is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-12-2014, 04:29 AM   #3
LeePrather
1978 CJ5 

Morris 4x4 has good part selection, ships fast and I've had good service. Summit racing is also good. I don't like quadratec just because they take forever to get parts shipped and for me to receive them. Jegs is ok. Jc whitney doesn't have the selection I like and their prices make me think they buy from some of these other guys as they always seem higher.
LeePrather is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-12-2014, 05:02 AM   #4
Mike Romain
1986 CJ7 

I am up in Canada and during my last frame off I used Quadratec. They were pretty fast getting me parts, I was happy.
Some Canadian Bush Jeep Runs and Build Photos: http://mikeromainjeeptrips.shutterfly.com (10 new albums added Sept 16/10)
Mike Romain is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-12-2014, 05:12 AM   #5
LeePrather
1978 CJ5 

May want to take location into account. I'm in ga, summit has a ga warehouse and Ohio. Morris is fl. Quadratec is pa.
LeePrather is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-12-2014, 07:23 AM   #6
ScroungerLee
1986 CJ7 

Good point about the location. I am in CT and have gotten parts from Quadratec in less than 24 hours from their PA warehouse. Usually it's one day, or maybe two.

I like to phone in orders if I need something right away, that way they can tell you if it is in stock.
ScroungerLee is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-12-2014, 10:36 AM   #7
Gigemags05
1980 CJ7 

I've used the following with great results:

Quadratec
Morris 4X4
Summit Racing
Rock Auto
Carparts.com
JEGS

Had some trouble with a site, but I can't remember the name and don't want to throw a good one under the bus. It was something with initials in the name.
Gigemags05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-12-2014, 11:10 AM   #8
Renegade82
Web Wheeler

1982 CJ7 

Most of my "Jeep" parts come from Qtec. and 4WDInc. I buy thru my local shop for most because it's the same price and tax as Qtec, but no shipping cost and it helps increase his volume with them. For big ticket items I use 4WDInc because I don't pay tax and I get a military discount and usually free shipping.
Renegade82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-12-2014, 11:36 AM   #9
CSP

There are a lot of parts you can get locally. People seem to think that everything has to come from a "Jeep" specialty mail order place for some reason.
CSP is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-12-2014, 12:53 PM   #10
Ken4444
Corripe Cervisiam

1985 CJ7 

Summit Racing and JEGS are both very similar: Both ship very fast and have competitive prices. Plus both will send you a fancy color printed catalog if you like that kind of thing. Often they have free shipping.

For more CJ-specific parts, I like Quadratec and Morris 4x4 because the prices are OK and they stand behind what they sell.

Rockauto.com can have great prices on some things, but you never know. It's hit and miss, and if you order parts that happen to ship from different warehouses, then you can end up paying a lot for shipping. I always check rock auto just in case because you never know. I had to return a part to them one time (broken brake drum) and they handled the return just fine without any problems.

For screws and bolts, if I can't find things locally, I will use http://www.albanycountyfasteners.com/ . If you buy a lot of pieces, then paying $5.50 or so for shipping is worthwhile. They carry all kinds of stuff, but I buy just stainless steel screws and bolts from them. You can buy by the single piece, or larger quantities. Each part (or parts) ships in a small sealed plastic bag with the contents clearly marked which is helpful if you can't determine the size by looking at the parts.

Then there are vendors that only offer a single part (the DeLorean place that sells rollover valves) or a small selection of parts (the Ebay guy who sells the apparently authentic T5 shift boots). Sometimes you have no choice but to buy a part from a vendor like that, although I've had good experiences with both.
Unread 05-12-2014, 01:37 PM   #11
Renegade82
Web Wheeler

1982 CJ7 

Along with RockAuto I'd also recommend PartsGeek.com too.
Renegade82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-19-2014, 06:21 AM   #12
Sherrif80
1985 CJ7 

Thanks for the replies. And I do agree that some things can be found locally if you know where to look and have the time. Unfortunately I don't have a local place and none of the above mentioned sites carried the parts I was looking fore, although I did find lots of things that may need in the near future. A guy a Morris 4x4 recommended jwjeep.com who did have the parts I needed. Haven't received the parts yet so I'm waiting to see how satisfied I am with the purchase.
Sherrif80 is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.