best suspension kit - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep CJ Forum > best suspension kit

*VOTE NOW Help Metalcloak Giveaway an XJ Suspension*WJ Tube Doors Now Available!TJ 5.25" Speaker Adapters - NalinMFG

Unread 02-07-2008, 10:44 PM   #1
davisjd
1972 CJ5 

best suspension kit

i am about 2 weeks away from ordering a 2.5 suspnsion lift i am looking for as non-mulewagon riding suspension i can get w/shocks or would it be better to just get lift springs with all together different shocks

Unread 02-07-2008, 10:51 PM   #2
St.Patrick
1972 CJ5 

I think this has been covered a few times. try a search. two that i like would be black diamond and RE. And yes I would just buy them with shocks.
St.Patrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-07-2008, 10:59 PM   #3
davisjd
1972 CJ5 

tried doin a search and the google main page keeps coming up ill scan thru the thread posts manually since its ben brought up a few times
Unread 02-08-2008, 05:17 AM   #4
GPER
1979 CJ7 

RE
GPER is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-08-2008, 05:21 AM   #5
jeepskate
Web Wheeler
1986 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by GPER View Post
RE Extreme Duty
Fixed it for you...
jeepskate is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-08-2008, 05:23 AM   #6
jeepskate
Web Wheeler
1986 CJ7 

Best springs would be custom ones tailored to your rig: National, Alcan, Deaver
Top tier off-the-shelf: RE Extreme Duty, Old Man Emu (these are both YJ retro-fits), Holbrook (longer springs, so you have to do some extra work)
jeepskate is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-08-2008, 05:32 AM   #7
BESRK
GROUND POUNDER

1980 CJ5 

Quote:
Originally Posted by davisjd View Post
tried doin a search and the google main page keeps coming up ill scan thru the thread posts manually since its ben brought up a few times

We use Google as the Forum's search engine right now. Try it again and skim over the page. You should see that all the topics are from Jeepforum covering whatever topic you punched in.. ie (CJ** lift kit).. etc. Any words that are shorter than 4 letters need to have ** added to make them 4 characters long.

Ground Pounder Fab

Lower 2

Guardrail

Down Schoolbus

Slickrock Tellico

Save

Crozet

More Crozet
BESRK is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-08-2008, 06:28 AM   #8
Keyser328
1982 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeepskate View Post
Best springs would be custom ones tailored to your rig: National, Alcan, Deaver
We have a local company here called Emco, and I've considered checking with them, but I honestly don't know what to tell them or what specifically to ask them for.

For you cats that have gotten custom made springs, what info did you walk in with in order to get what you wanted when they were done?

Lastly, has anyone heard of Emco? http://www.emcospring.com/

Thanks,
-Kevin

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.