The best spring - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep CJ Forum > The best spring

Dan's Old as Dirt Birthday Sale!Advance Adapters SYE KitsRIGID LED Light Blowout Sale - All Sizes, All Series, all

Unread 02-27-2010, 09:11 PM   #1
flashfludjr
1981 CJ5 

The best spring

I have an 81 CJ5. the springs on it are really stiff! I was told they came off a 67. they are 4" lift.

I will be putting a narrowed dana 60 in the rear and a dana 44 in the front. what springs should I use?

If I can I want to rob them from something else so I can keep the cost down rather then buy a new set of springs. hopefully something better for crawling. I'm not really getting much flex at all.

flashfludjr is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-27-2010, 11:02 PM   #2
Rob55
1984 CJ7 

I am not much help with swap/used direction, but I have Rubicon Express 4.5" on my CJ7 and they are great - way better than I expected, rides better than most of my friends.
1984 CJ7, 258, MPI, 4.0 head, Borla, 700r4, amc20 (detroit), Dana 30 (OX), 4.56 gears, Warn Hubs, Dana 300 with 4:1, 4.5 RE lift with 1" body, Bilsteins, dual battery, PS, PB, full cage, two dogs in the back....
Rob55 is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.