Best place to buy Novak adapters?? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep CJ Forum > Best place to buy Novak adapters??

Year End Clearance Sale! Save 20%Santa Kolak Announces: Kolak Exhaust 20% Off Sale!ROCK BOTTOM prices on LIFT KITS at Rockridge4wd!! WANT TO

Unread 04-02-2010, 08:24 AM   #1
guysnydr
1983 CJ7 

Best place to buy Novak adapters??

Hi all. Tired of the 258 so planning a SBC 350 swap into my CJ7. Where is the cheapest place to buy Novak adapters and engine mounts? Or do you have to buy direct? I thought I found Novak products on Amazon with good prices (better prices than Novaks website) but today when I search nothing comes up.

Just wondered if anyone knew where they could be bought at good prices. I need them but have a budget to keep in mind at the same time. Any savings is always helpful.

Thanks all!

- Guy

guysnydr is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-02-2010, 08:26 AM   #2
gmakra
1985 CJ7 

Just get them from Novack that way if there is a problem you can get it corrected with out much hassle.
gmakra is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-02-2010, 09:24 AM   #3
guysnydr
1983 CJ7 

I would think they would still support the products regardless of place of purchase. I was just looking for a good cheaper place to buy from. Just curious if anyone else was selling them.
Unread 04-02-2010, 09:32 AM   #4
Fatman
2008 CJ7 

A.A. can be found at many suppliers, Novak is direct.

What products are you looking for ? There are much less expensive alternatives to Novak.
Unread 04-02-2010, 09:34 AM   #5
guysnydr
1983 CJ7 

In particular I am swapping a 350 Chevy into a 79 CJ7 and retaining my T176 4 speed. I need motor mounts and a tranny to engine adapter. Thanks!
Unread 04-02-2010, 09:45 AM   #6
Fatman
2008 CJ7 

Look at the M.O.R.E. motor mounts or the A.A. mounts:
Advance Adapters 713007 - Advance Adapters Jeep Engine Swap Motor Mounts - Overview - SummitRacing.com

You want a bellhousing, not an engine to trany adapter.
Figure out what flywheel you have or are going to use. If you run the 153 tooth you can get by with an Iron Duke bellhousing for $25 - $50.
The 168 tooth flywheel requires you to run a full size GM bell but they all have an oversize bearing cap hole. $50 - $100
OR, ... you can run the Lakewood or A.A. bell $350 - $450.
Unread 04-02-2010, 10:38 AM   #7
guysnydr
1983 CJ7 

I've heard of the iron duke bell housing but many aren't drilled for the t176. Do you know if they can be drilled and tapped for the T176 and are their any of these bellhousings that I should stay away from? I will be using a 153 tooth flywheel. I would appreciate and information on these bellhousings. I knew about them but I just don't want to buy something I can't use so was kinda nervous to try one. Would love any more input. Do you know where I can get one this cheap? All the ones I see on ebay are $200+
Unread 04-02-2010, 11:04 AM   #8
Fatman
2008 CJ7 

Easy as pie to drill and re-tap.
If you're not going high HP, this is exactly the route to go on a budget.
The front bearing retainer hole should be 4.85" in almost all cases.
Post up here in the wanted section, I see them show up every once in a while. Watch Craig's list and eBay as well.

This guy has one: Item number: 180478109222
he'll never sell it at $100 so make him an offer of $50

This guy has what looks like the A.A. bellhousing USED Item number: 140392711086
Hell, offer him $150, it only hurts to be told NO when it's a girl and she's hot.
Nice thing about this bell, you won't have to re-tap.
Easily worth $200.

Good luck.
Unread 04-02-2010, 02:56 PM   #9
guysnydr
1983 CJ7 

Thanks! I also saw this one on ebay for sale - item #190378967637 but it looks totally different than the iron duke bell that you noted in the last reply. Wonder why they look so different. also why is the angle of the clutch rod rotated down so much further on that one? Looks odd. Just curious if you know the difference in them and would they both work for me? I saw that AA adapter too but I am with you, I couldn't possibly pay that for it, especially with $50.00 for shipping. Might as well buy a new one.
Unread 04-02-2010, 03:59 PM   #10
DT5150
1983 CJ7 

sometimes you can find some good deals on that stuff private sale. check out pirate4x4.com in the classified section.
Unread 04-02-2010, 05:55 PM   #11
southshore30
1982 CJ7 

I used a Iron Duke bell with my swap and the MORE mounts. I had my bellhousing retapped since it was for the SR4 for only $30 at a machine shop. They are the same casting and have thick pads on the inside where the new threads are. My friend had a Scrambler with the Iron Duke and T-176 and he pulled it and dropped the 350 in. Drives it like a maniac with 35" tires and has not had any problems except a few U-joints. He is not running a double cardan shaft yet.

Fatman, did you end up getting the MORE mounts?
I'm not thrilled with mine, it's just not straight I think. I've been after them to send me another set and I will send the one's I have back for inspection. Going on a month and a few phone calls and have not seen my new mounts. Not too happy about their customer service/response time.
southshore30 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.