best mastercylinder for 48 flatty - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep CJ Forum > best mastercylinder for 48 flatty

New Product Release: Flowmaster Force II Dual Tailpipe AxlNew Product Release: Flowmaster Force II Dual Tailpipe AxlUSA Made JK Rear Axles!!! Revolution Gear and Axle

Unread 06-24-2008, 05:42 PM   #1
vswv8
1999 XJ Cherokee 

best mastercylinder for 48 flatty

mine's not stock, so not worried about staying stock appearing..v-6, cage, 2.5 transfer ect....had stock style on it for 20 years, but time for a new one,,,and it leaked thru the rear were the rod pushes in after the 1st summer of wheelin...and i got really sick of having to fight to get the damn top off to top it off.....so..options, ease of install ect appericated...thanks mark

unknown free rims with 4" backspace
factory/drawtite hitch outback

48 cj2a willys 231 oddfire v-6
2.5-1 transfer w/t150 trans
custom rollcage-ramsey 8000lb winch
custom built(by me!)body armour
custom built(u geussed it!) nerf bars
firebird tilt steering w/gm 1/2 ton truck power steering out front fabbed in by me
4" lift
currently 31x10.50 15s.....set up for 35's
vswv8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-24-2008, 06:49 PM   #2
PostaljeepSS
1974 DJ 

The PO of my 46 cj2a put in a master cylinder and booster from an 84 subaru GL wagon. According to him it works great though I have been having some issues with it :/. A popular swap seems to be the YJ master cylinder and booster but I'm not sure it that would fit a in flat fender as they are usually swapped into CJ5s.
PostaljeepSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-24-2008, 07:02 PM   #3
Rattyflatty
1948 CJ2A 

I have a booster from a Monza(same as Vega I think). Master cyl for a late 70's early 80's GM truck. I think the pedal was from the Monza but not sure.

The Monza booster has a small diameter so it fits nice with a V8 under the hood. Also since I have brakes(disk/drum) equal to a 1/2 ton truck I picked a master cyl from that size of truck.
Rattyflatty is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.