Bent axle flange on dana 44 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep CJ Forum > Bent axle flange on dana 44

Poison spyder items @ oconee off road 706 534 9955Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineThe Solution to Radius Arm Bind - Meet Lock-N-Load

Unread 01-01-2012, 06:25 PM   #1
Mike78cj7
1978 CJ7 

Bent axle flange on dana 44

I have a dana 44 from an 86 cj7 that i've just finished up re-gearing and rebuilding. Tonight i put the axles shafts in and noticed on of the flanges is warped or bent. I don't think the shaft is bent but either way i need a replacement.

Superior axle wants $430 for two new chromoly shafts. But i was wondering if i could take the longer shaft out of a narrow track dana 44 and have it cut down and re-splined. The one that is bent on mine is the short axle shaft.

Unread 01-01-2012, 07:35 PM   #2
addicted2dunes
1981 CJ8 

Did you check with Yukon? They sell shafts for about $125, long splined and you just cut to length.

"i was wondering if i could take the longer shaft out of a narrow track dana 44 and have it cut down and re-splined."

^^^That might be a little pricey for an old, stock shaft.
addicted2dunes is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-01-2012, 07:49 PM   #3
Mike78cj7
1978 CJ7 

That was my next question. How much it costs to respline. I'll try looking at Yukon.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.