Bds,RE,OME yj Sua on my CJ? - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep CJ Forum > Bds,RE,OME yj Sua on my CJ?

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineToxic Brakes - 3000 PSI Braided Stainless Steel Brake LineCess Recovery Gear Snatch Tow Strap OffRoad @ ROCKRIDGE4WD

Unread 07-02-2013, 11:58 AM   #16
nacheswheelin
1960 CJ5 

Quote:
Originally Posted by czuess View Post
I have the BDS 5" YJ springs. I have a waggy 44 up front at 62" wms and running 35"s. The springs are soft and I needed a sway bar upfront to help it at hwy speeds. When I maxed out my suspension to measure for shocks I had 9" of difference between fully compressed and full droop. I would recommend a good shock. I went with RS9000 so i could dial it in for hwy or trail. I think I am set at 7 for the road and if I soften them all the way it gets a little scary on the road. Just my .2
I was leaning towards a bilstien shock but the adjustable ranchos are nice, I have a couple extra sway bars laying around that I could use if necessary.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renegade82 View Post
Heres a suggestion. You could save yourself some money on the shackle hangers and integrate them into the frame. They would be much stronger as well. TDK does this with a sleeve recessed into the rear of the frame, since it stays a true 2"x4" to the end, whereas a stock frame necks down the bottom at the rear horns.
This is a TDK frame:
I might build that into my frame, mine will also be a 2x4 boxed frame all through out and saving money is always a plus

Thanks for the suggestions all are still welcomed and probably needed. I will be placing a few orders tonight (The leafs, perches and maybe tires). Has anyone ever ordered from onlinetires.com? I researched them and found mixed reviews just wondering?

nacheswheelin is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-02-2013, 12:09 PM   #17
Anticanman
Follow me
1994 YJ Wrangler 

The Bilsteins are nice shocks but BDS teamed up with Fox racing to tune a set of shocks for the specific spring rate.

I got mine from JeepAddOnsChris in the vendor section for under $100 each to my door. Seems a little steep but totally worth the ride quality on and off road. I use my jeep as my daily driver and weekend beater. I am comfortable all the time.
Unread 07-06-2013, 03:56 PM   #18
nacheswheelin
1960 CJ5 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anticanman View Post
The Bilsteins are nice shocks but BDS teamed up with Fox racing to tune a set of shocks for the specific spring rate.

I got mine from JeepAddOnsChris in the vendor section for under $100 each to my door. Seems a little steep but totally worth the ride quality on and off road. I use my jeep as my daily driver and weekend beater. I am comfortable all the time.
I changed my mind at the last minute on the Bds springs because the shipping cost was too high. Since there is no dealer in my area I would have had to pay 150 dollars for shipping. I ordered 2 Rubicon Express RE1454 and 2 Rubicon Express RE1455 They were about 150 dollars a piece but had free shipping. I still might look into those shocks because I have heard a lot about fox products. What kind of wheeling do you do on the weekends?
Edit- Do you think I will need a cv driveshaft?
Unread 07-06-2013, 10:49 PM   #19
Anticanman
Follow me
1994 YJ Wrangler 

I think a cv shaft is always a good idea. The rubicon express springs are great and I run them up front with the BDS/fox shocks.

And I have an affinity for rocks.

And daily driving.
Unread 07-07-2013, 10:53 PM   #20
nacheswheelin
1960 CJ5 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anticanman View Post
I think a cv shaft is always a good idea. The rubicon express springs are great and I run them up front with the BDS/fox shocks.

And I have an affinity for rocks.

And daily driving.
Thanks for the picture, I have some of the same terrain up here so its good to know that the setup is capable before I get it on the trail. I think that I will get the cv shaft, luckily with the dana 18 I don't need a SYE so that saved some money.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.