Back in the game - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep CJ Forum > Back in the game

Stainless Steel Door Hinge PinsPoly Door Hinge BushingsFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye Kit

Unread 08-19-2013, 12:32 PM   #16
Jeeper44mag
1978 CJ7 

I think the stock temp is ~210. 190 is plenty cool.

Luis

Unread 08-19-2013, 12:42 PM   #17
row684
1984 CJ7 

Glad you got the wipers in order, chasing electrical is no fun.
I'm having similar issues with my oil pressure so I just picked up a mechanical gauge from the parts store to see if I really have that bad of oil pressure; 20 psi if I'm lucky!
row684 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-19-2013, 01:37 PM   #18
Jeeper44mag
1978 CJ7 

Double post... deleted.
Unread 08-23-2013, 02:31 PM   #19
lacpa
1986 CJ7 

Well, I"m now officially street legal. 2 year inspection sticker is on the jeep and I'm ready to go. Drove (so far) about 30-35 miles today, with no real problems.

Project for this weekend is to get at least one hub disassembled, cleaned and greased...probably the passenger side since it felt the warmest. I guess since I'm inspected now, I can take off the toggle switch I wired in to control the horn. Kind of redneck, but I am from Louisiana after all. Of course it's just going to bug me until I pop the steering wheel off and fix the horn and turn signals correctly. Hopefully some pics to follow from this weekend.
lacpa is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-29-2013, 09:04 AM   #20
lacpa
1986 CJ7 

Well, I'd really like to update this thread with all the work I did on the CJ recently, but the truth is that absolutely nothing has been done. I spent the weekend and last few evenings doing my day job, yard work and recaulking skylights.

On the bright side, I've started collecting parts so I can pull the front axle (mostly) apart and check the bearings. Since the diff had water in it, it seemed to be a good idea to check that before taking the jeep up to the hunting camp starting in a couple of weeks. So far the plan is to start work next week (not sure exactly when) and then try to have it done by the 8th. Since my birth day is also coming up, I'm asking for new weatherstripping for the doors, which seem to be leaking, and new bushings for the sway bar since at least one side appears to be completely shot.

There will be pics and updates of all this work once it actually starts, I swear!
Unread 09-19-2013, 07:03 PM   #21
lacpa
1986 CJ7 

Wow...well it's been a while since I updated, and unfortunately, that's because I really haven't done much. I have all the parts for the previously mentioned axle work, but have been running and/or out of town, which has kept the work at a standstill. However, once the currently crappy weather moves out of Louisiana, it promised to be glorious, by which I mean it's the first weather since April less than 90 degrees...

So, passenger side first, then driver side if time permits. Then the Jeep will be making it's maiden drive to the duck hunting camp as God (and I) intended. Also, my 7 year old may burst into flames if she doesn't get to ride up to the camp in the Jeep soon.

Wish me luck y'all. All I have to do is get past that gauntlet of women who keep wanting me to do productive things. (fortunately, my wife rarely reads the forum!)
Unread 10-01-2013, 09:36 AM   #22
lacpa
1986 CJ7 

Finally! Got off my lazy butt (and work, wife and children left me alone) and got some work done.

Got the passenger side front axle rebuilt. I'll have pics soon, when I can hook up the camera to my laptop and get everything transferred. The spindle and hub were actually not in bad shape, surprisingly enough. I had expected it to be bad, mostly because the oil in the front diff looked like chocolate milk and I expected a simlar lack of care in the spindle/hub area. I did replace the spindle bearing, and all the seals, along with cleaning and repacking the bearings. Really had to pry the short side axle out to get the snap ring on, and props to JeepHammer for his fantastic write up on doing this work. I wish all the pics still worked in that write up, but still great.

Now, on to the drivers side, along with drilling and tapping the vent hole.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.