Axle width for CJ - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep CJ Forum > Axle width for CJ

Huge Soft top SaleAdvance Adapters SYE KitsCurrie Antirock, Currectlync & Lift Kits on Sale!

Unread 02-05-2002, 02:23 PM   #1
clegger

Axle width for CJ

I want to put wider axles under my cj. I am considering looking for Scout II D44 axles to start with. Are they wider than "wide trac" CJ axles? I will be running SOA w/35's and want some extra width. I don't want to put full size axles under it. If anyone knows of other axles that would work I would appreciate it.

Unread 02-05-2002, 08:19 PM   #2
hollywood

I believe the scout II rear is three inches wider than a model 20. As for the front, the scout 44 is wider still, and requires shortening (but I think only on one side). I know this is pretty vague information, but it's a start.

- Jeff '83 cj
Another 7 from "CJ's Heaven"
hollywood is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-05-2002, 09:29 PM   #3
RockJeep
SirRocks'A'Lot

get yourself a narrow track waggy front 44. about 60"s wide compared to your 55"s. and then run a waggy or scout rear 44. the rear scout is 58.5"s i believe. then convert the front to 5 on 5.5 w/ford rotors,hubs,and chevy spindles, and calipers.
later
bob
Unread 02-06-2002, 06:13 PM   #4
clegger

Thanks guys. Now I have to start looking for donor vehicles.

Later
Unread 02-06-2002, 10:45 PM   #5
hollywood

Check out Jeeptech.com - they have a lot of info on axle swaps.

- Jeff
hollywood is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.