automatic floor shifter - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep CJ Forum > automatic floor shifter

NEW!! HMF 50"-52" light bar mounting brackets!! Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineYear End Clearance Sale! Save 20%

Unread 04-04-2005, 08:35 PM   #1
tolobill

automatic floor shifter

i just put a 360 and a 999 into a 80 cj7. what is the best easiest floor shifter to put in, want one that is tall and has the park thru drive letters on there thanks.

tolobill is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-04-2005, 09:03 PM   #2
BESRK
GROUND POUNDER

1980 CJ5 

Check out Lokar.. they've got a few truck shifters. I just picked up a B&M Quicksilver... plan on making a custom console to set it on.. along with a few switches..etc.

Ground Pounder Fab

Lower 2

Guardrail

Down Schoolbus

Slickrock Tellico

Save

Crozet

More Crozet
BESRK is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-04-2005, 09:08 PM   #3
OBXTucker

I'm doing the same thing w/ a 304 and 999. I just bought the B&M Star Shifter that I'll set on a custom made box (same box I used for my T4 shifter), which sits up about 4" higher.

I should have some pictures by the end of the week. Installation starts tomorrow.
OBXTucker is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-04-2005, 09:40 PM   #4
Pacfanweb
Go Wolfpack

1981 CJ7 

B&M makes a Megashifter for light trucks, has a tall base that you can trim to fit most anything.
I have one in my drag truck, and if I ever decide to put an automatic in my Jeep, I'd likely use a Megashifter in that, too.
Works very well.
Pacfanweb is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-05-2005, 09:25 PM   #5
John C

I use the Lokar hot rod shifter. It is 12" high and closely mimics the design of the stock manual shifter. I even used the original boot.
BLUE JEEP CLUB MEMBER #156
84' Caribean Blue Laredo w/ black leather interior
Frame off restore 6 years ago
7 inch lift w/ 34" TRXUS MT
DANA 44 front Solid axle converted Model 20 rear
AMC 360 / T-400 / Model 300 transfer case
SOLD
but never forgotten

Quote:
If I can't hunt it, fish it, f**k it, or wheel it, I might not be that intrested in it
John C is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.