Auto Trans Column Shifter - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep CJ Forum > Auto Trans Column Shifter

FS: Jeep Fog Light LED Bulbs! Several Brightness Options! SPARTAN LOCKERS are on sale BIG TIME at ROCKRIDGE 4WD!Yukon Ultimate 35 axle kit for c/clip axles with Yukon Zip

Unread 12-16-2009, 09:08 AM   #1
rrtex1
1981 CJ7 

Auto Trans Column Shifter

Replaced my trans fluid and filter this past weekend and tried to adjust the fill tube from top as it was behind the motor. I think I may have broke the tube.
Shifter on column is now hard to move, does this linkage go anywhere near the trans full tube? Why would all of the sudden the shifter be hard to move?

Unread 12-16-2009, 09:31 AM   #2
John N
1981 CJ8 

The fill tube is on the right side, the shift linkage is all on the left side. There is no connection between them. I don't see how messing with the fill tube could do what you're describing. Follow the linkage down from the column, check the pivot points and lube them. Some of the plastic/nylon bushings are probably trashed, too.
John N is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-16-2009, 10:20 AM   #3
scooter
1982 CJ7 

Make sure the roll pin that goes thru the chrome shift arm didnt slide outta the cast section on the column. Mine does it occasionally and makes for some funky shifting.
scooter is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.