Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner

Auto Tranny....TH350?

705 views 6 replies 6 participants last post by  PrimerFJ40 
#1 ·
I have a chevy TH-350 auto sitting around my garage and was wondering on if it is interchangable with the T-5 on the 4.2 I-6, I'm assuming i'll need an adapter. Any help would be great.

#2 ·
Dig around in Advance Adapters site for specific adapters.

You'll need an adapter to mate the tranny to the block and another to mate the tranny to the transfer case. Plus, you'll probably need to lengthen/shorten driveshafts. Not sure what type of mods you'll need to do to the crossmember.

#3 ·
BESRK said:
Dig around in Advance Adapters site for specific adapters.

You'll need an adapter to mate the tranny to the block and another to mate the tranny to the transfer case. Plus, you'll probably need to lengthen/shorten driveshafts. Not sure what type of mods you'll need to do to the crossmember.
TF 727 from a 80 up Full size Jeep, bolt right in.

#5 ·
Yeah, most of those adapters are about 500 a pop. 2 X 500 = ....err....... $1000? If you're hellbent on keeping the crappy T5, you'd probably be better to get the 727 that these guys say will bolt up to it. OR, you could do what I want to do, and get the chevy tranny, THEN get a chevy small block to bolt to it! Then you'd only need ONE adapter for the transfer case! Oh, and another 2-3 grand for all the other necessary stuff.

#7 ·
The TF727 would be well worth the money from a pull and pay. I got mine for $75 bucks out of a FSJ. The adapters themselves are $300 plus. If you have a dana 300, the 727 has the correct pattern and splines for a direct bolt on. Dana 20 does not. Only minimal crossmember fab. All I did was take a 2x2 square tube and mount the tranny mount to that and drill a few holes to bolt to t case. Done.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.