auto to stick conversion - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep CJ Forum > auto to stick conversion

Labor Day Sale!Clayton Off Road - last day of the Labor Day special!FS: Wrangler RGB Multicolor Fog Light LEDs: Awesome Effect

Unread 10-06-2002, 10:18 PM   #1
rustyCJ

auto to stick conversion

I ran across another great find today. A T-5 and dana 300 in trade for helping him roof his garage. The garage is small and the guy already has the old torn off and layed all the new sheeting, all thats left is throwing down the shingles.

I dont need either the transmission or transfer case but they will be spares for the next project. Then I got to thinking about how hard it would be to swap out my TH400 and quad with the T-5 and 300. I can get my hands on either a AMC 20 or dana 44 to replace the offset diff quadratrac20, so thats not a problem.

Anyone swapped out an auto and put in a manual? I dont think that just putting them in the vehicle would be the problem, its the adding the extra pedal and the rest of the little things like that.

Anyway, I just cant sleep and thinking bout my new find and wondering what I can do with them. the more i think about it the more i wonder. So someone tell me it cant be done or that it can but it would be cheaper to just buy a jeep with them already in it.

Unread 10-08-2002, 05:41 AM   #2
SLP Addict

Ive been wondering teh same thing, also im new to jeep's and was wondering if its possible to put in a short throw shifter instead of teh log 1?

[URL=http://www.autoworldforums.com]AutoWorldForums[/URL]
SLP Addict is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.