Auto Shifter linkages ... where? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep CJ Forum > Auto Shifter linkages ... where?

ROCKRIDGE4WD Introduces a NEW Jeep Wrangler JK *led* tail ROCK BOTTOM prices on LIFT KITS at Rockridge4wd!! WANT TO NEW JK WRANGLER GRAB BARS NOW at ROCKRIDGE4WD

Unread 10-21-2013, 07:39 PM   #1
VooDoo2
1978 CJ7 

Auto Shifter linkages ... where?

I have a 258, TF999, D300 and the shifter linkages are bent, all the bushes long gone and the PO held them in with fencing wire. Ive looked everywhere for new bushes, linkages etc or even a whole new shifter to suit the TF999? Its almost the last job before i put the seats back in and get it registered. Im in AU but happy to order from the USA.

Old Setup

The linkage

VooDoo2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-22-2013, 08:34 AM   #2
wm69

EW. I was going to suggest an ididt cable, which supposedly will replace the stock linkage on a TF999, but that's for a column shifter.

I would register over on CJ-8.com and ask the same question. All US CJ's had column shifters except the postal CJ-8's (like an Overlander).

That said, there are a couple of guys over there who have overlanders and several who have Postal Scramblers, so they might be able to help.

85 CJ7 258, A/C, T176, MC2100, Team Rush, Warn XD8000i, superwinch hubs, 3in lift 31" BFG AT/KO
wm69 is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.