atk engines - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep CJ Forum > atk engines

Rough Country Deals at JeepHut.comSave at JeepHut on Smittybilt Soft topsUp to $75 Cash Back on Your ARB Fridge Freezer Purchase

Unread 04-01-2011, 04:27 PM   #1
jonnyhi5
2000 TJ Wrangler 

atk engines

hey guys,was just wondering if any body ever delt with 4wd hardware and there atk engines.i have a 360 that got pulled out of a 77 cherokee that needs rebuilding.I want to drop one in a cj5 and for the most part I wanna keep it stock with a 4 barrel and dual exhaust with edelbrock shorty headers this should get me around 200-220 horse i'm hopin.I want to run a t-176 tranny to with 3.73 gears and 32's.There is a guy in a near by town that builds engines very reasonable price and very good work but he mainly builds race engines 500-1000 horse.I figured for 2400.00 bucks and a 3 year warr. it 's not such a bad deal where there isn't much warr. with the other guy.If any body else out there ever or does run this kind of set up comments and pics would be appreciated. THANKS.

jonnyhi5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-01-2011, 06:02 PM   #2
gojeepin
1983 CJ7 

Have you checked your local Autozone, Advance Auto, etc. to see what long block or crate engines they carry?

83 CJ7, 4.1L 6cyl (4.0L bored .030" over), 35" tires, T-5 transmission, Dana 300 TC, Trussed AMC 20.
gojeepin is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-01-2011, 07:40 PM   #3
chet44
Web Wheeler
1985 CJ7 

^^X2 I got my ATK 304 through a local parts house. Minus the core charge, I only paid $1400 for a re-manufactured long block. If I remember correctly, the 360 was $300 or $400 more. 4WD Hardware marks up the prices on a lot of stuff they sell.
chet44 is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.