Assumptions????? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep CJ Forum > Assumptions?????

SPARTAN LOCKERS are on sale BIG TIME at ROCKRIDGE 4WD!FS: Jeep Fog Light LED Bulbs! Several Brightness Options! Yukon Ultimate 35 axle kit for c/clip axles with Yukon Zip

Unread 02-17-2008, 06:10 PM   #1
SavSilvrCJ
1985 CJ7 

Assumptions?????

My Chilton's says that my CJ7 should be 69" tall but I measured and it is right around 73". Should I assume I have 4 inches of lift??

I have 31" tires and put a 1" shackle lift. So how much of a spring lift do I have assuming there is any at all? The reason I ask is I need new shocks because when I put the shackles on my shocks seem like they are fully extended all the time and whenever I come off a bump it feels like the shocks are bottoming really hard.

Unread 02-17-2008, 09:21 PM   #2
xj89

well lets think about it, u have a 1 inch shackle lift, so now where up to 70. i beleive stock tires where 27 or 28 inches tall, lets say 3 inches total then thats a inch and half or lift with the tires now were at 71 1/2 if anything id say 2.5 lift springs maybe
xj89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-17-2008, 09:24 PM   #3
SavSilvrCJ
1985 CJ7 

thanks for dumbing it down for me. I seem to overlook the simple things when looking at the big picture

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.