Ask the experts - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep CJ Forum > Ask the experts

Engo winches available at www.rockridge4wd.com! Free shippThe Original 3/8" Ruffstuff Diff Cover!Ruffstuff 3 Link Kit!

Unread 05-10-2013, 11:27 AM   #1
diaedy

Ask the experts

1985 cj7 4 cylinder 4 speed. Previous owner put springs over axels. After asking you all, was told to put it back to stock for my application. All this is fine and I will do. Question, can I get by with welding new perches on axel with the 3 jack stands under it LEVEL and just weld level.? OR, do I have to bolt it up an hook up driveshaft an all that. I'm not trying to be stupid, just my age an all alone. I have the front axel on 3 stands now and all ground down where existing perches were. It is level both ways.
Eddy C

diaedy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-10-2013, 12:36 PM   #2
RamblingCJ
1986 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by diaedy
1985 cj7 4 cylinder 4 speed. Previous owner put springs over axels. After asking you all, was told to put it back to stock for my application. All this is fine and I will do. Question, can I get by with welding new perches on axel with the 3 jack stands under it LEVEL and just weld level.? OR, do I have to bolt it up an hook up driveshaft an all that. I'm not trying to be stupid, just my age an all alone. I have the front axel on 3 stands now and all ground down where existing perches were. It is level both ways.
Eddy C
I think you are asking about your caster. Yes, it needs to be set up and not just welded so that's it level. You could always use shims afterwards, but you'd want to do it right the first time.
RamblingCJ is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.