Applying bed liner to the tub, masking for drains? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep CJ Forum > Applying bed liner to the tub, masking for drains?

Nitro Gear Packages Now Available at Rockridge 4wdSavvy Aluminum Gas Tank SkidFS: Jeep Fog Light LED Bulbs! Several Brightness Options!

Unread 10-21-2013, 05:24 PM   #1
cj5russ

1976 CJ5 

Applying bed liner to the tub, masking for drains?

Hey guys when you all bed liner your tub, what do you do about the drain holes, does the bed liner make it too thick to put the plugs in? Do you mask? Or will the plugs fit even over bed liner? Thanks.

cj5russ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-21-2013, 05:28 PM   #2
seabass1858
Web Wheeler

1983 CJ7 

on my old tj i stuffed the holes with paper towls and had linex do it and i just pulled the paper towels out and put the plugs in. I dont know if it was proper but i had a nice clean hole but i would think that they would fit either way IMHO.
seabass1858 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-21-2013, 05:33 PM   #3
WindKnot
Web Wheeler

1977 CJ7 

There's more than enough flex in the plugs to handle the material.
Unread 10-21-2013, 06:29 PM   #4
KMD
1976 CJ7 

Used foam ear plugs for all the bolt holes. Did not worry about the drain holes and plugs still fit.
Unread 10-21-2013, 08:47 PM   #5
Spieg8
1984 CJ8 

Don't know how the plugs fit after the bed liner... I never plug the drain holes (like the extra ventilation and enjoy watching the road go by under the Jeep ).
Spieg8 is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.