Anyone use Classic 2 Current Body Panels? - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep CJ Forum > Anyone use Classic 2 Current Body Panels?

Road Race Motorsports Fuel Calibrator for the 2007-2011 JKIntroducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineNEW JK WRANGLER GRAB BARS NOW at ROCKRIDGE4WD

Unread 04-23-2012, 07:07 PM   #16
jcal73
Web Wheeler

1979 CJ5 

Quote:
Originally Posted by VACJ7 View Post
I got the same response. I did go a bit deeper and discovered that the windshield they have listed is manufactured by a Taiwanese company called Cobra King (http://www.cobraking.com.tw/index.html). I asked if the picture of the windshield was accurate because it did not have the typical 2 ribs from say Crown or OMIX. They said the pic was supplied by the manufacturer and believed it to be accurate. Just FYI....
Thanks for checking. I need to change my windshield frame.
I will probably try them, can't be any worse than the rest.

Jeff

jcal73 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-23-2012, 10:09 PM   #17
Bojon
1981 CJ5 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcal73 View Post
Thanks for checking. I need to change my windshield frame.
I will probably try them, can't be any worse than the rest.

Jeff
I'm tempted as well. The bottom of my frame is pitted through, and one of the PO's ran bolts through the top for something, and crushed it.

Jered
Bojon is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-24-2012, 07:17 AM   #18
pman
Web Wheeler

1988 YJ Wrangler 

Just to add to the discussion about the Cobra King products- I have two new fenders for the CJ 5 that are manufactured by them. The fitment and overall quality is nice. I also replaced a fender during the restoration of my "Wrongler" 6 years ago, and again, it was a great fit and has held up well.
82 CJ8 Scrambler 258-t5-Dana 300
http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f8/cj...-lulu-1350563/
pman is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-24-2012, 07:45 AM   #19
VACJ7
Hockey Rules!

1984 CJ7 

^^^ Good to hear!
Unread 04-24-2012, 02:55 PM   #20
cjkcj7
1983 CJ7 

I ordered a floor pan from them and it didn't fit and got the run around when returning it. I won't do business with them again.
Unread 05-10-2012, 10:05 PM   #21
WindsorRenegade
1991 YJ Wrangler 

Hey that's cool. Always love to hear from the source on the forum!

c2c, tell me.....why don't the floor pans have all the mounting and drain holes? I know it's not a big deal, but if we happen to cut a hole just out of line we have to get a whole new one.
Why not just have it made already to go?

Thanks!
Unread 05-11-2012, 10:33 AM   #22
Renegade82
Web Wheeler

1982 CJ7 

"We just released re-designed front floor pans today for the CJ-7 and YJ Wranglers and they are a MUCH better fit. We took them to a body shop that is in the same complex as us and fit them into 2 Wranglers there"

But did you try them in any CJ-7's?
Renegade82 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-11-2012, 02:17 PM   #23
c2cfab

We have not personally tried them in any CJ 7s, however the floor pans should be the same as the YJ Wranglers. In response to the drain holes, we actually included a flare punch for each drain hole in the new floor pans to give the customer the option to have or not have them.
016-440-1.jpg  
c2cfab is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-11-2012, 02:24 PM   #24
c2cfab

As you can tell from the picture, the only draw back was that we had to make 4 cuts in the pan in order to put the bends from the press in them correctly. This is an easy fix during the welding process because you would not need to do much extra work since you're already welding. The other noticeable difference is where the pan meets the bottom portion of the transmission tunnel cover, you will have to corner weld it to the existing portion of that area but we've noticed that area rarely rusts out on a Jeep. All in all, for less than half the cost of what the die formed floor pans are selling for you can't go wrong. These are also made from 18ga steel which is going to be thicker than the originals as well as the other floor pans currently available on the market.
Unread 05-12-2012, 02:03 PM   #25
Link67

Myself and several other body shop owners in the London, Ontario area have had our suspicions for a long time with these guys and how much they actually do manufacture themselves. Several cases have come up where one of us have ordered, for example, the 98 Taurus Rocker, from classic to current, And I would order one later from Cross Canada not knowing C2C even had them, the parts were identical in the end.

Now as body shop owners, we know damn well that one of us has a late 90's Taurus in the shop needing rear quarter or rocker panel replacements every week, and we tried to find the actual source of the panels to buy in bulk the panels for these vehicles that make revolving door appearances in our shops and split the cost of the bulk order around. After numerous attempts to pry information from Cross Canada and even Sherman Auto Body who we were also directed to, we were told by several different sources in each company that majority of these replacement rocker panels are actually manufactured in Canada, and in fact Southern Ontario somewhere, not in the states and not in Michigan as these guys claim. Many other situations like these have come up as well when dealing with any of the Jeep Rocker panels, or Quarter panels, we pry for info and always find out they were manufactured in Canada, and when compared to the c2c part someone else bought, they look the same, even the ripples on the edges of the quarters are the same. It all seems very fishy to us.We as a group stay away from them simply because if they can't be honest about the fact they don't manufacture most of this stuff then what else are they being dishonest about. In the end we will find whatever company truly manufactures the rocker panels and see if we can work out a deal with them.

I found this thread because one of my partners was just looking into these guys some more and wanted my help looking for information because he just bought a pair of 93 Jeep Cherokee Rockers from them recently and when compared to the ones I still have left from a Cross Canada purchase I made of 3 pair 2 months ago, they were absolutely identical, and i was specifically told they are made in Canada when I purchased them and it even says so on 2 separate product labels on the part.
Link67 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-12-2012, 03:02 PM   #26
WindsorRenegade
1991 YJ Wrangler 

............Interesting.
Unread 05-14-2012, 07:14 PM   #27
c2cfab

There actually is a manufacture located in Canada that make similar parts as we do. If you compared the two parts then you would know that theirs is made from 20ga steel and ours is made from 18ga steel. They also supply Quadretec with their hand made floor pans and from simply comparing their pictures with ours you can tell they are different and not made by the same company. Most of the product they make is incorrect and that is why we've spent the better half of 2 years working with Sherman and Associates and many other companies correcting them and offering a better panel to their customers. There are thousands of manufactures in this market so for two companies to make the same part is not unheard of. We do allow walk in customers to our facility so feel free to stop by and check out our operation if you're ever in the area.
Unread 05-14-2012, 07:54 PM   #28
DHardy12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Link67 View Post
We as a group stay away from them simply because if they can't be honest about the fact they don't manufacture most of this stuff then what else are they being dishonest about. In the end we will find whatever company truly manufactures the rocker panels and see if we can work out a deal with them.
I am from Ontario as well and while I have never heard of the manufacturer located in 'southern Ontario', I have been to c2c's warehouse to pickup a hood and some floor pans for my '92 Wrangler and they're definitely manufacturing them there and are a big company. The owner was very helpful with finding me some parts I needed that they don't offer and even discounted them for me so I wouldn't have to pay much on the duties coming back over the border. One thing they do not have nor can I find are the floor pan braces so if any members can point me in the right direction that would help me alot!
DHardy12 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-14-2012, 08:03 PM   #29
jcal73
Web Wheeler

1979 CJ5 

Quote:
Originally Posted by DHardy12 View Post
I am from Ontario as well and while I have never heard of the manufacturer located in 'southern Ontario', I have been to c2c's warehouse to pickup a hood and some floor pans for my '92 Wrangler and they're definitely manufacturing them there and are a big company. The owner was very helpful with finding me some parts I needed that they don't offer and even discounted them for me so I wouldn't have to pay much on the duties coming back over the border. One thing they do not have nor can I find are the floor pan braces so if any members can point me in the right direction that would help me alot!
These guys have some, if they are the ones you want.

http://www.classicent.com/jeep.php#7695

Jeff
jcal73 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-15-2012, 06:02 AM   #30
DHardy12

Thanks Jeff! That will save me a ton of time trying to make my own
DHardy12 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.