Anyone use Classic 2 Current Body Panels? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep CJ Forum > Anyone use Classic 2 Current Body Panels?

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineThe Solution to Radius Arm Bind - Meet Lock-N-LoadFS: Jeep Fog Light LED Bulbs! Several Brightness Options!

Unread 04-21-2012, 01:03 PM   #1
jcal73
Web Wheeler

1979 CJ5 

Anyone use Classic 2 Current Body Panels? USA Made?

Anyone use these guys for body panels?

http://c2cfabrication.com/store/index.php?cPath=1_21_63&sort=4a&page=1

They claim Made in USA parts and the prices look good.

Thanks!

Jeff

jcal73 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-21-2012, 04:51 PM   #2
Bojon
1981 CJ5 

I was actually looking at these panels the other day. I hope someone chimes in

Jered
Bojon is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-21-2012, 05:29 PM   #3
VACJ7
Hockey Rules!

1984 CJ7 

Man, they do have some good prices. I may have to call them and find out if ALL their products are made in Detroit. I am skeptical since they have a CJ windshield. If it is made in the US, I may buy it to check it out.

Paul
Unread 04-21-2012, 05:37 PM   #4
CJ7-Tim
Real Jeeps have dents.

2000 XJ Cherokee 

Bought some XJ Cherokee replacement rocker panels from C2C fab. Properly stamped parts, enough extra material at the ends for fitting, and reasonably thick sheet metal. I would buy more stuff from them.

Between 2009 when Obama took office, and 2013, median annual household incomes have fallen by more than $2,100.

Progressive Liberalism: Bringing you new Healthcare ideas so wonderful, they have to include mandatory participation ......

Originally Posted by Ronald W. Reagan: Government is not the solution to our problems; Government is the problem.
CJ7-Tim is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-21-2012, 05:57 PM   #5
WindsorRenegade
1991 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by VACJ7 View Post
Man, they do have some good prices. I may have to call them and find out if ALL their products are made in Detroit. I am skeptical since they have a CJ windshield. If it is made in the US, I may buy it to check it out.

Paul

Reading the "about us", it seems they do make all their parts. And it's great to still be able to get quality parts out of the Motor City, especially for me lol. 16 miles from their door to Woodward and Jefferson.
Really good guys. I havn't bought from them yet, but when I was pricing out floor pans I had some questions about if all the holes were already cut. Sent them an e-mail and received a reply in 1/2 hour. No holes, just the pans but that's no biggie. Either way, they were extremly helpful to me.
And yeah their pricing is excellent!

Be nice to have them as a Vendor on the site.
Unread 04-21-2012, 06:14 PM   #6
inovermyhead2
1983 CJ7 

I actually ordered a couple of rear wheel houses from them and they were Okay. The gauge of the metal was good but I actually had to split them down the middle and re weld them because they were about 3/4" too wide. I wound up just buying them from Classic Enterprises and the fit was perfect. I have a really hard time believing that they have the dies to stamp their own windshields and fenders. If that were so, we would certainly know a lot more about them since omix and crown corner the market on those parts.

[url]http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f8/just-another-83-cj7-build-thread-1325757/[/url]

1983 CJ7
350ci Chevy
SM465 Trans
Rancho 2 1/2" lift
Confer Engineering Shackles
32x11.50x15 BFG All Terrains

[QUOTE]whoever invented Torx bolts should be shot in the face, burned then pissed on - saskcj7[/QUOTE]
inovermyhead2 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-21-2012, 06:14 PM   #7
hutch1200
Web Wheeler

1979 CJ7 

Me too

Quote:
Originally Posted by VACJ7 View Post

Paul
I saw that for $100.00? Hhm. OK, who pulls the trigger 1st to be the alpha tester?
Unread 04-21-2012, 06:21 PM   #8
Bojon
1981 CJ5 

Quote:
Originally Posted by hutch1200 View Post
I saw that for $100.00? Hhm. OK, who pulls the trigger 1st to be the alpha tester?
How about everyone donates a few dollars and I will . I sent them an email asking a few questions.

Jered
Unread 04-21-2012, 06:25 PM   #9
hutch1200
Web Wheeler

1979 CJ7 

Part of me is thinking, "Did I ever waste a perfectly good Benjamin on something useless/illegal/stupid/dangerous or harmful before?". Oh hells yeah! Keep me in the loop. I'm willing to try one, if ya get a good vibe.
Unread 04-21-2012, 07:25 PM   #10
jcal73
Web Wheeler

1979 CJ5 

The pictures of the windshield frames look different. These are the best I can get.
The top is C2C
The bottom is crown.
020-44-1.jpg   i_j5758971_cl_1.jpg  
jcal73 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-21-2012, 07:34 PM   #11
Bojon
1981 CJ5 

It looks like it only has one rib instead of two. Are there any other companies making it with one?

Jered
Unread 04-21-2012, 08:51 PM   #12
VACJ7
Hockey Rules!

1984 CJ7 

Some interesting info from their web site:

The parts listed on our website are partial, slip-on or rust repair panels; not complete OEM style parts. These parts are manufactured using many machine processes and are made using at least 20 gauge coated automotive steel; although all floor pans, trunk pans and inner rocker panels are made from 18 gauge for extra durability.

We are the only source for most of what is listed on our site, and we guarantee the satisfaction of the fitting with minimum professional alterations. If you need any parts that we do not currently list, feel free to contact us and we'll see about making the part that you need. Please note that we would need the original body part or a template of it.

AND

Classic 2 Current Fabrication offers a 30 day warranty on all of the parts that we manufacture. These parts are not original replacement parts. What we manufacture are partial replacement panels that are widely used in the auto body repair business today.

I sent them an email. I'm guessing items like the complete fenders and windshield are not theirs.
Unread 04-22-2012, 10:11 AM   #13
Bojon
1981 CJ5 

It appears you are right about the fenders and windshield.

Both items are made overseas to OEM standards and we've sold several thousand of each every year with minimum to no complaints. Because both are made on similar dies as the originals, they are also made to the same specs and thickness as the originals were as well.

Jered
Unread 04-22-2012, 12:08 PM   #14
flashpointmax
1997 TJ Wrangler 

I bought a set of floor pans about a month ago from C2C but I'm not at the point of installing them yet. They seem to lay in ok and look as if they'll work out fine, but they're somewhat crude looking... the bends are apparently done with a braking process with relief cuts made at the bend points on the sides, which means they're not contured around the edges like the original floor. The metal thickness is very good. I'm not at all dissapointed in them for the price. Function-wise they will be ok, but if you're wanting the OEM conture be prepared to do a lot of metal-crafting or else you might want to consider another product - at a much higher price I might add.
flashpointmax is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-23-2012, 06:01 PM   #15
VACJ7
Hockey Rules!

1984 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bojon View Post
It appears you are right about the fenders and windshield.

Both items are made overseas to OEM standards and we've sold several thousand of each every year with minimum to no complaints. Because both are made on similar dies as the originals, they are also made to the same specs and thickness as the originals were as well.
I got the same response. I did go a bit deeper and discovered that the windshield they have listed is manufactured by a Taiwanese company called Cobra King (http://www.cobraking.com.tw/index.html). I asked if the picture of the windshield was accurate because it did not have the typical 2 ribs from say Crown or OMIX. They said the pic was supplied by the manufacturer and believed it to be accurate. Just FYI....

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.