Updating this thread.
Here's what I finally did to the 258:
* Clifford dual outlet header
* Clifford intake manifold
* Holley 390cfm 4 barrel
* Bored .030 over block..it's now a 262 instead of a 258
* Align hone
* ARP rod bolts
* light decking
* Balance and blueprint
* 12 weight crank
* Head lightly decked ... now running 9.8:1 compression
* 145/178 valves with 3 angle grind
* Fully ported head
* Harland Sharp roller rockers
* Erson 280/288 cam, springs and locks
* MSD 6AL and Blaster 2 coil
With the cam I chose, the thing is wicked fast on the highway. V8 guys hate it when I blow past them going up hills on the highway.
All in all, I'm very happy with the Clifford product and would recommend it to anyone thinking of going that route.
Jeeps are sorta like cats, but tend to have more than just nine lives.