Anyone recognize these half doors? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep CJ Forum > Anyone recognize these half doors?

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineOld Man Emu WK Lift - Black Friday Special!!The Original 3/8" Ruffstuff Diff Cover!

Unread 02-26-2013, 01:36 PM   #1
aufan
1986 CJ7 

Anyone recognize these half doors?

Found a guy selling these half doors. Doesnt know what brand? says they are fiberglass and have been in his barn 10 years. I cannot find anything that looks similar to them online. Think they will fit my CJ? Im looking and arent my paddle handles alot higher? Im not at my cj where i can look at the jamb. Does this require swapping out different strikes when using these?

photo-1-.jpg   photo-2-1.jpg   new-image.jpg  
aufan is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-26-2013, 05:32 PM   #2
waterdowg
1984 CJ7 

Hard to tell. They look nice though. If the price is right, pop a door off yours and try them. They look like they will fit
waterdowg is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-26-2013, 05:37 PM   #3
skizriz
Web Wheeler

1978 CJ7 

That's the same type of striker my soft doors use. It's basically the same as whats on a screen door.
You could probably actually use one for a screen door. You will need to drill the mounting holes in your door jamb though.

I believe your hard doors use the post type striker.
Unread 02-26-2013, 05:37 PM   #4
JeepinJeremy
1992 YJ Wrangler 

The latch looks like the old style cj7 door latch. You might need to take off your door striker but they should work.
JeepinJeremy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-27-2013, 08:26 AM   #5
aufan
1986 CJ7 

He is asking 200 for both.
Unread 02-27-2013, 08:34 AM   #6
jeepwhore
Hair puller xtraordinaire

1984 CJ7 

As mentioned already, they will physically fit the opening but you'll need to remove the post type striker and replace them with the striker plates used on earlier models. Without the plates the latch mechanism will hit the lip of the tub and wreck the paint in short order.
'84 CJ-7: Yota axles (spartan locked front, e-locked rear) 4" BDS, 1" Daystar & 3/8" shackle lifts, 35" X-Terrains on steelies, YJ Tub & family roll bar, heater blower upgrade, 4.2L w/MC2100 & Team Rush, Warn 8274. Rebuilt 4.2/4.0 hybrid, AX15 and twin sticks/clocking ring waiting to go in.

The advertised position for a topless, dirty jeep girl has been filled......by my wife. Thanks to all that applied.
<------------and yes, that is her.
:-D
jeepwhore is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-27-2013, 08:54 AM   #7
waterdowg
1984 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by aufan View Post
He is asking 200 for both.
If he has the striker plates thats not a bad price. But if not you will have to trake something down or make something. Not a real issue, I'm sure you could get some ideas for folks here. If he does not have all the part try to talk him down with fact you have to fab up striker plates. I would go seen them and offer $125 because of those reasons, and try to meet around $150 if possible. But that all depends on how much you want them. If you really want them pay the $200.
waterdowg is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-27-2013, 08:57 AM   #8
jeepwhore
Hair puller xtraordinaire

1984 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by waterdowg View Post
If he has the striker plates thats not a bad price. But if not you will have to trake something down or make something. Not a real issue, I'm sure you could get some ideas for folks here. If he does not have all the part try to talk him down with fact you have to fab up striker plates. I would go seen them and offer $125 because of those reasons, and try to meet around $150 if possible. But that all depends on how much you want them. If you really want them pay the $200.
x2. I see steel half doors go for $200-$300 regularly. Fibreglass shells would be worth less to me.
'84 CJ-7: Yota axles (spartan locked front, e-locked rear) 4" BDS, 1" Daystar & 3/8" shackle lifts, 35" X-Terrains on steelies, YJ Tub & family roll bar, heater blower upgrade, 4.2L w/MC2100 & Team Rush, Warn 8274. Rebuilt 4.2/4.0 hybrid, AX15 and twin sticks/clocking ring waiting to go in.

The advertised position for a topless, dirty jeep girl has been filled......by my wife. Thanks to all that applied.
<------------and yes, that is her.
:-D
jeepwhore is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-27-2013, 09:21 AM   #9
walkerhoundvm
1981 CJ8 

I'd pass. You could get fabric half doors for half the price, that serve the same purpose and at least use the same strikers as your current doors.
walkerhoundvm is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-27-2013, 09:22 AM   #10
aufan
1986 CJ7 

Thanks for the info. I let them pass.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.