Anyone recognize this? - JeepForum.com

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 13 Old 11-29-2007, 08:23 PM Thread Starter
Jack Straw
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Anyone recognize this?

Hi there new here - I was wondering if anyone recognized this car or knew the owner perchance?

Thanks!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 13 Old 11-30-2007, 06:46 AM
Cherokeester

1980 CJ7 

Nope, pretty yellow paint though.

1980 CJ-7 with a AMC 401, RE 4.5" Lift, 4-1 Dana 300, Holley TBI Projection, 35" Goodyear MTR's
2010 Rubicon Unlimited
1997 TJ with various enhancements
post #3 of 13 Old 11-30-2007, 08:39 AM Thread Starter
Jack Straw
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Yeah, the color looks like "monte carlo yellow"

post #4 of 13 Old 11-30-2007, 11:35 AM
JeepHammer
Running On Empty...
1973 CJ5 

NOPE.

Just another mall cruiser trying to get certified in paint color matching and chrome bling,
Instead of Trail Educated, and off road capable!

And another CJ-7 winds up with a Small block chevy instead of an AMC engine...

He should be mastering Wally-World parking curbs in no time!

Lucky he painted it yellow since its afraid of the trails!

REMEMBER,
'Free' internet information is worth EXACTLY what you paid for it!
LINK:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

LINK:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

LINK:

LINK:

LINK:

LINK:

LINK:

LINK:

LINK:

LINK:
post #5 of 13 Old 11-30-2007, 11:39 AM
turpehar
1977 CJ5 

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by JeepHammer

http://i177.photobucket.com/albums/w...r/DSC00800.jpg
http://i177.photobucket.com/albums/w...r/MVC-004F.jpg
post #6 of 13 Old 11-30-2007, 11:41 AM
certifiablejeep
Bicentennial Nickel

1976 CJ5 

That actually looks like an article in JP or Fourwheeler when they did a swap from years ago... I can't remember what it was about, but I do remember it looking very similar to that.

cb

CertifiableJeep

'76 ORANGE

'76 MAROON

'78 SILVER

'82 WHITE
Build

'83 GREEN
Build

ORANGE JEEP CLUB #41
SILVER JEEP CLUB #41
SIENNA JEEP CLUB #62
RHD JEEP CLUB #41

NEWJO Member

post #7 of 13 Old 11-30-2007, 11:49 AM
Fatman

2008 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeepHammer
Just another mall cruiser trying to get certified in paint color matching and chrome bling,
Instead of Trail Educated, and off road capable!

And another CJ-7 winds up with a Small block chevy instead of an AMC engine...

He should be mastering Wally-World parking curbs in no time!

What's with the negative crap?
Do you know this guy? Just because it looks Good & has a bowtie it dosen't hit the trails, or it's not "off road capable"? ... Stick to knocking GM HEI.

Jack, that's a nice look'n rig. Is it in the DC area?

Thread Links:

post #8 of 13 Old 11-30-2007, 12:20 PM
ttrem
1986 CJ7 

does seem like a waste of cash to Chrome it up that way if you are going to wheel it. But I like the body.

1986 CJ-7 w/ 4.0HO FI, 4" lift, 1" body lift on 35" Super Swampers, AX-15, and a girly sounding horn =(
post #9 of 13 Old 11-30-2007, 02:49 PM Thread Starter
Jack Straw
2006 TJ Wrangler 

I'm not sure who's it is, or where it is - I think it looks pretty good, although the engine is a tad overdone for my taste, but hey, who knows if it will get "used properly" - my dad always used to say (in regards to this sort of thing) "To not abuse is to not use."

Here are some more pics of the work being done to it, they are on a saab photo hosting site (I'm a saab guy).

Cheers, and happy friday!

Edit - can't seem to imbed the pics, even with the image brackets, oh well...
post #10 of 13 Old 11-30-2007, 03:06 PM
Fatman

2008 CJ7 

Click free

turpehar's yellow CJ5:

Thread Links:

post #11 of 13 Old 11-30-2007, 09:22 PM
JeepHammer
Running On Empty...
1973 CJ5 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fatman
What's with the negative crap?
... Stick to knocking GM HEI.
Take a look at your post again, and evaluate it for 'Negative Crap'...

And if you think education and comparison of pros and cons of different factory ignition components is "Knocking GM HEI"
You may actually be in the wrong place altogether.

As I under stand, there is quite a following for aftermarket GM HEI over at the bulltear forum, I'm sure they would like to have another supporter.
--------------------

As for the mall jeep,

Fuel injected, aluminum headed small block.
AMC automatic trans behind it, and they used adapters!

I like all that chrome and polished aluminum, even had the aluminum heads cleaned up!
All that money spent on chrome, and didn't even use a new Harmonic balancer, and that means it probably isn't balanced...
That should limit RPM to about 5,500 or 6,000 if the guy knows what's good for him!

It's not the cross webbed block, so it's probably a 2 bolt main, and the rust in the water passages tells me it's not the high nickel content block, so it's probably out of a mid '70's to mid '80s passenger car with 2 bbl., and it's NOT the one piece main seal version...
So the heads probably won't keep a seal.
Keeping later aluminum headed, head gaskets on the thin, non ductile iron blocks is a problem.

I'm always leary about anyone that doesn't radius the oil return holes and epoxy screens over the holes.
Cheap way to increase oil return, and to keep anything from the top end from getting into the cam or crank...
But that is a professional builders way of doing things.

Looks like he might have used steel rods, but I can't tell for sure since he's putting the rod in facing the wrong way.
Putting the square rod facing edge against the rolled fillet on the crank won't be good for the crank or that rod bearing!
(Forging or casting marks ALWAYS face forward, and the rods are numbered with arrows pointing forward. Not getting them in facing forward is a real amateur mistake...)

Looks like the power steering pump doesn't show much either, or it would be chrome!

Wonder why they didn't acquire a Chevy bolt pattern TH-400 for the cheby engine?
Chevy TH-400 cases grow on trees and run less than $75 for a rebuildable core...

My guess is the adapter doesn't show, like the AMC TH-400 doesn't show, so they didn't care much about it.

Like no stick for the transfer case... That means QuadraTrack T-case.
Q-track isn't the first choice of any off roaders I know, but I don't know where that jeep is being built, except for in a suburb somewhere...

Just like the Dana-30 front diff with tall tires on it...

I don't see a gusset on the frame for the power steering box, or a brace on the power steering box,
Or a skid plate for the power steering box...
But they did manage to paint the end cap of the power steering box!

I notice there is a front 'Windshild' bar that is installed as a 'Knee Knocker'!
Someone building a serious off roader would have brought the bar up under the dash, and would have probably tied it to the frame some how...

Since these bars are well outside of the frame, and are not showing grommits or clearance required for movement when frame connected, I suspect they are just attached to the body.

Serious off roader would have a 'Halo' around driver and passenger, but that obstructs waiving at people at the mall, so most 'Crusiers' don't have halo bars...
Rocks and stumps to the head are always a concern for guys that get off pavement...

No extra bracing on the hoop either, No 'X' bracing, No cross bar for serious seat belts, ect...

Is that a more analytical review of the pictures posted?
Just in case you didn't see the 'Smiley Faces' in the first post, I was poking fun,
but if you want to push the issue, I can usually make my point quite succinctly.
---------------------

Looks good though! That will be a fine catch for an off-roader in a few years!
A good roll cage, some REAL safety belts, a decent front diff, clean off the top end of that engine and put on something that performs at idle, just off idle, and midrange, (where wheeling is actually done) and put a real transfer case in it, and maybe it will actually see it on a trail after all!

REMEMBER,
'Free' internet information is worth EXACTLY what you paid for it!
LINK:

LINK:

LINK:

LINK:

LINK:

LINK:

LINK:

LINK:

LINK:

LINK:

Last edited by JeepHammer; 11-30-2007 at 10:08 PM.
post #12 of 13 Old 11-30-2007, 09:35 PM
roundlitefan

2005 TJ Wrangler 

Garage
So I am still a newb here, but let me see if I understand this.

If someone takes pride in their Jeep and tries to make it look nice, then it is a mall cruiser?

Well dang, guess I will just sink $40k into my suspension and drivetrain, let the rusty *** body panels and different color paint be, cancel my JF account, and go be an A-hole over on pirate4X4.com then.

IMO it is a nice looking Jeep, and just because the guy/gal wanted it to be shiny doesn't mean it will never see a trail. And even if it doesn't....who cares, isn't this about enjoying your hobby your own way, not how somebody on a forum tells you that you should?
post #13 of 13 Old 11-30-2007, 09:44 PM
jeepskate
Web Wheeler
1986 CJ7 

Okay guys, let's squash this so I don't have to put on my mod hat...

'86 CJ-7 Laredo: 4.2,T-999,D300,D30/D44,'94 YJ tub, full cage, Shrockworks rockers, OYR corners, AC,cruise,restored seats,3 tops,2.5" Superlift,F-T shackle reversal, RS9000x's,35" Dunlop Mud Rovers.
'83 Scrambler: time & money pit under construction with parts from CJ's,YJ's,TJ's,FSJ's,GM,Ford,IH,Honda,Toyota and a whole lotta aftermarket & custom stuff.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.