Anyone near Johnson city TN ? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep CJ Forum > Anyone near Johnson city TN ?

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineThe ULTIMATE "Selectable" Locker System! BroughFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye Kit

Unread 10-04-2011, 06:48 PM   #1
mikemann0
1977 CJ7 

Anyone near Johnson city TN ?

If so looking for someone to maybe take a ride in my new to me 77' with a Quadratrac and tell me if it is functioning correctly , I have never driven 1 till I bought this and it just dont seem right but it just may be , I know it is awd and could be fine but if not I dont want to damage anything driving it on the street , Since this is my only daily driver I need to know asap , Thanks if you can help.

mikemann0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-04-2011, 09:50 PM   #2
lucdog
Web Wheeler

1980 CJ5 

Mike, is it driving different now that the vaccume switch is hooked up, vs before.
I think adding the word Q-trac in the title would get more responsc, I looked because I recognised your name.
Is it pulling to either side while accelerating?
Pathfinder drove his for 15 years. He might be able to shed some light.
Bill
1979 CJ7 360, TH400/Quadratrac trail Jeep.
1979 J20
1980 CJ5 trail Jeep.
1983 CJ7 pretty weekend and sometimes to work Driver in the summer, My first rebuild, if the Q-trac and 5 are broke, this one is the one to take. its just as capable as the other 2, except nice paint.
1984 Grand Wagoneer, 1 ton axles, great 360/727, and a big a$& tree fell on it .
1989 YJ the CJ to YJ conversion.
2005 TJ Rubicon.
2011 Grand Cherokee Laredo 4x4, Mrs. LUCDOG's DD.
Lots of parts not for sale, i'm a hoarder.
lucdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-05-2011, 07:00 AM   #3
mikemann0
1977 CJ7 

Bill , It doesnt seem to be any different than when I started , 1 of the vac lines was clogged so I ran another , Now I can get the light to go on and off using the knob but but feels no different , No pulling under acceleration 1 way or another , Since the light works I assume the vac, diaphram is functioning , I went to a grocery store parking lot and did the fig. 8 thing in both dir. and the front end seems to walk a little and try to bind - now thats at almost full lock to the left not as bad to the right , making a left at a light or a right seems fine when I am moving forward while turning , making a left or right from a stop sign - a little tighter it wants to walk the front a bit ?
mikemann0 is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.