Anyone near Johnson city TN ? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep CJ Forum > Anyone near Johnson city TN ?

FS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great valueThanksgiving/Black Friday/Cyber Monday Deals at JeepinOutfBlack Friday Sale!!

Unread 10-04-2011, 07:48 PM   #1
mikemann0
1977 CJ7 

Anyone near Johnson city TN ?

If so looking for someone to maybe take a ride in my new to me 77' with a Quadratrac and tell me if it is functioning correctly , I have never driven 1 till I bought this and it just dont seem right but it just may be , I know it is awd and could be fine but if not I dont want to damage anything driving it on the street , Since this is my only daily driver I need to know asap , Thanks if you can help.

mikemann0 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-04-2011, 10:50 PM   #2
lucdog
Web Wheeler

1980 CJ5 

Mike, is it driving different now that the vaccume switch is hooked up, vs before.
I think adding the word Q-trac in the title would get more responsc, I looked because I recognised your name.
Is it pulling to either side while accelerating?
Pathfinder drove his for 15 years. He might be able to shed some light.
Bill
1979 CJ7 360, TH400/Quadratrac trail Jeep.
1979 J20
1980 CJ5 trail Jeep.
1983 CJ7 pretty weekend and sometimes to work Driver in the summer, My first rebuild, if the Q-trac and 5 are broke, this one is the one to take. its just as capable as the other 2, except nice paint.
1984 Grand Wagoneer, 1 ton axles, great 360/727, and a big a$& tree fell on it .
1989 YJ the CJ to YJ conversion.
2005 TJ Rubicon.
2011 Grand Cherokee Laredo 4x4, Mrs. LUCDOG's DD.
Lots of parts not for sale, i'm a hoarder.
lucdog is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-05-2011, 08:00 AM   #3
mikemann0
1977 CJ7 

Bill , It doesnt seem to be any different than when I started , 1 of the vac lines was clogged so I ran another , Now I can get the light to go on and off using the knob but but feels no different , No pulling under acceleration 1 way or another , Since the light works I assume the vac, diaphram is functioning , I went to a grocery store parking lot and did the fig. 8 thing in both dir. and the front end seems to walk a little and try to bind - now thats at almost full lock to the left not as bad to the right , making a left at a light or a right seems fine when I am moving forward while turning , making a left or right from a stop sign - a little tighter it wants to walk the front a bit ?
mikemann0 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.