-   Jeep CJ Forum (
-   -   Anyone know what these Whitco Rods are for? (

SomerJeep 07-22-2013 01:08 AM

Anyone know what these Whitco Rods are for?

VooDoo2 07-22-2013 01:16 AM

Looks like the factory soft top rails to me

SomerJeep 07-22-2013 01:28 AM

I have been looking online and I thought they were the horizontal bars from the windshield to the vertical rod that connects to the tub but notice the 90 degree turn I'm unsure what that is for. None of the examples I'm seeing online shows a CJ7/cJ5 top to have a 90 elbow. They all have straight bars.

steve1973 07-22-2013 05:01 AM

I have the factory Whitco top on my 1973 CJ5 and the set of bars on the left in yor first picture looks exactly like the rail from windshield to verticle bar with the 90 elbow. Not sure on the other, but maybe for a safari top?

SomerJeep 07-22-2013 06:13 AM

Thinking the bars are likely from the earlier cj's and the longer bars a cj6!?

The time now is 09:03 AM.

Powered by vBulletin Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2016 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.