anyone have the weber 38 dgev synchronous carb. do you like it? - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep CJ Forum > anyone have the weber 38 dgev synchronous carb. do you like it?

Stainless Steel Door Hinge PinsPoly Door Hinge BushingsSave at JeepHut on Smittybilt Soft tops

Unread 05-05-2010, 03:57 PM   #16
TropicalNusselt
1986 CJ7 

Well, I have my 38 since 6 mths and it starts, idles, accelerates, and roars perfect. My engine is bone stock with a DUI distributor, livewires, and check this out…BOSCH Platinum 4+ spark plugs (think I’m the only one). I’m getting about 14-15 MPG with a heavy right foot.

Raph

Unread 05-05-2010, 04:07 PM   #17
kakai81
1985 CJ7 

Most CJ's don't do well with the fancy platinum plugs. I'm glad yours work for you. They do great with the copper plugs, but not well enough to justify the cost of the plug. IMO
kakai81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-07-2010, 11:06 AM   #18
swatson454
Mall-crawlin' Hot Rodder

1983 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by kakai81 View Post
Most CJ's don't do well with the fancy platinum plugs. I'm glad yours work for you. They do great with the copper plugs, but not well enough to justify the cost of the plug. IMO
He was trying to illustrate the point that he can run those plugs with the Weber 38/D.U.I. combination when guys with other carb/ignition combos can't.

Shawn

weber carb tuning
Unread 05-07-2010, 02:04 PM   #19
kakai81
1985 CJ7 

I know

Quote:
Originally Posted by swatson454 View Post
He was trying to illustrate the point that he can run those plugs with the Weber 38/D.U.I. combination when guys with other carb/ignition combos can't.

Shawn
And I was congratulating him on the fact that he can use those plugs. I can't use them with my 32/36 and neither can my brother who has the 38. It has nothing to do with the carb, it's the ignition system itself.
kakai81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-12-2012, 12:10 PM   #20
johnsonk1
1985 CJ7 

38 agreement

Hi-

First post though a member for a short while. Sorry to revive this post, but I have a1985 full frame off, 30 over 258, HEI, stock headers, glasspack, and a weber 38 sync. I spent hours reading the advice about the weber, opinions about the weber (I could only find 2 ) and finally made the buy. The carb came and I followed the exhaustive setup and calibration procedures posted here and got it right the second time!! (ended up with 60 idle jets and non-standard timing at 10).

Short story is, this forum has all the info you need to make well informed decisions and successfully install and tune a 38 for a 258. I think this combo can't be beat IMHO. Thanks to everyone (I won't name names 'cause I can't remember all the great contributors) for helping me to meet my life-long goal of rebuilding an old CJ. I won't say the process was painless, but I'm not dead yet

Thanks
Ken

Last edited by johnsonk1; 01-12-2012 at 07:08 PM..
johnsonk1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fuel pressure regulator , weber

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.