Anyone have a part number for Offenhauser dual plane intake for 4.0 head (cast 7120)? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep CJ Forum > Anyone have a part number for Offenhauser dual plane intake for 4.0 head (cast 7120)?

Attention to the TJ owners 1996-2006 NEW LED LIGHT OPTIONSBds fox ipf 2.0 racing series shocks now available at rockFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye Kit

Unread 11-22-2013, 01:34 PM   #1
pityocamptes

Anyone have a part number for Offenhauser dual plane intake for 4.0 head (cast 7120)?

I am getting my engine soon (stroker) and from everything I have been reading is that the Clifford 6=8 intake only produces more hp at higher rpm's, which are probably unattainable for the L6. It would seem, unless someone has a better thought, that the offenhauser 4bbl intake (dual plane) might be better for low rpm torque. Anyways, I have the part number for the clifford intake, but if anyone knows the part number or link to a Offenhauser intake for the 4.0 HO head (cast 7120), it would be appreciated. Thanks.

I looked on Summit racing and couldn't figure out if they had one that would fit the head...

pityocamptes is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-23-2013, 05:07 AM   #2
gmakra
1985 CJ7 

pity the head casting will make no difference with the exception of 0331 head which is 2000 + and has smaller intake and exhaust ports.
Here is the link to Summit http://www.summitracing.com/parts/ofy-6257dp/overview/

BTW the Offy and Clifford manifolds are made at the exact same foundry in Los Angles so they are the same quality which is good.
gmakra is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-25-2013, 08:36 AM   #3
pityocamptes

Quote:
Originally Posted by gmakra View Post
pity the head casting will make no difference with the exception of 0331 head which is 2000 + and has smaller intake and exhaust ports.
Here is the link to Summit http://www.summitracing.com/parts/ofy-6257dp/overview/

BTW the Offy and Clifford manifolds are made at the exact same foundry in Los Angles so they are the same quality which is good.
Thanks! If you had to choose one, would you go with the offy dual plane, or clifford single? Its a stroked engine, with comp cam, and I was thinking of putting the truck avenger carb 470cfm... Thanks.
pityocamptes is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-25-2013, 09:56 AM   #4
swatson454
Web Wheeler

1983 CJ7 

To be honest, I don't see a single thing about the Offy that's "right". My personal opinion would be the Clifford with a 4-hole tapered spacer. That will slow the air down and give it some direction before dumping it into the plenum. It would probably help on the Offy too but I don't see how in the world you can keep the fuel from crashing into the floor on the primary plenum.

There are cheaper tapered spacers out there but that is a good pic to illustrate the difference between it and a regular spacer.

Shawn
Unread 11-25-2013, 11:30 AM   #5
gosupes
1986 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by swatson454 View Post
To be honest, I don't see a single thing about the Offy that's "right". My personal opinion would be the Clifford with a 4-hole tapered spacer. That will slow the air down and give it some direction before dumping it into the plenum. It would probably help on the Offy too but I don't see how in the world you can keep the fuel from crashing into the floor on the primary plenum.

There are cheaper tapered spacers out there but that is a good pic to illustrate the difference between it and a regular spacer.

Shawn
One of the issues with running a spacer is clearance between the carb and brake booster, depending on the carb type and booster type/size of course. Found out the hard way.

To be honest, I have heard the same thing about the dual plane, that they are better for low end, and I really cannot make an apples to apples comparison, but I don't think I am suffering from lack of low end torque with the Clifford intake. If I was building a stroker, first choice would be FI, but I would not have any qualms about using a Clifford and good carb.
1986 CJ7, 4.2 w/4.0 head, TFI-HEI hybrid ignition, Clifford manifold w/Holley 390 w/cold air intake, OBA, 4.5" lift, Woody CV shaft and Tattons in front, 4.10 gears - lunchbox in front, Truetrac in the back, twin-sticked, blower upgrade for running topless, trying to keep it simple.

It's just a Jeep, and if you don't wheel it once in a while, it's not even that.
gosupes is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.