Anybody with a build thread with a GM LS swap - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep CJ Forum > Anybody with a build thread with a GM LS swap

Ruffstuff Axle Simple Swap Kit!ROCK BOTTOM prices on LIFT KITS at Rockridge4wd!! WANT TO Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Line

Unread 08-23-2013, 06:24 AM   #1
78FordF150
1983 CJ7 

Anybody with a build thread with a GM LS swap

I have started to gather parts for a engine swap this fall and was wondering if anybody here had a build thread I could read. I have been reading a lot over on Pirate but nobody really has much for a CJ. Mostly Wranglers over there.

Paint it to match

My NP435 install [url]http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f8/time-tranny-swap-upgrading-np435-1487201/[/url]
78FordF150 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-23-2013, 07:56 AM   #2
swatson454
Web Wheeler

1983 CJ7 

This is the only one I can think of but I'm not sure if it will do you much good. Hopefully... http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f8/vo...ts-way-954786/

Shawn
Unread 08-23-2013, 07:58 AM   #3
83vert
1982 CJ7 

Search tankkiller he did the last swap
Unread 08-23-2013, 07:59 AM   #4
83vert
1982 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 83vert
Search tankkiller he did the last swap
Ls swap, I hate this phone
Unread 08-23-2013, 10:02 AM   #5
78FordF150
1983 CJ7 

Thanks Swatson that's a nice jeep but not really a lot of tech in it though.

Now off to search tankkiller
Paint it to match

My NP435 install [url]http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f8/time-tranny-swap-upgrading-np435-1487201/[/url]
Unread 08-23-2013, 01:08 PM   #6
jhughes2013
1977 CJ7 

BBC's "Project Envy"

Grewe02's "Project CJ Vette"

SleeperCJ's "LS1 in CJ7"

These are some of the best ones I followed when I did mine (Thanks guys!). All of them have helped me at one point or another with information or pictures if I needed them. I haven't put together a build thread yet but you are more than welcome to ask me any questions as you go. Also, check out Advance Adapters and Novak Adapt. If you go with the electronic throttle then make sure you get the blasted TAC module with you motor otherwise it'll cost another $350-$500...

Good luck!
Unread 08-23-2013, 01:55 PM   #7
78FordF150
1983 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhughes2013 View Post
BBC's "Project Envy"

Grewe02's "Project CJ Vette"

SleeperCJ's "LS1 in CJ7"

These are some of the best ones I followed when I did mine (Thanks guys!). All of them have helped me at one point or another with information or pictures if I needed them. I haven't put together a build thread yet but you are more than welcome to ask me any questions as you go. Also, check out Advance Adapters and Novak Adapt. If you go with the electronic throttle then make sure you get the blasted TAC module with you motor otherwise it'll cost another $350-$500...

Good luck!
Thanks for the links I will check them out.

I've been all over Novak anf Advanced Adapters sights. They are a wealth of info.
I'm to the point of information overload. Lol!!!

Waiting on the local salvage yard to pull me a engine. It was supposed to be fone this week. But looking like maybe next week. It is a 2002 5.3l DBC. I ordered a set of LS3 exhaust manifold's off of ebay last night. Also picking up a Ford contour duel fan from salvage when I get the motor.

I figured when I get the engine home I would start a thread from scratch.
Paint it to match

Unread 08-23-2013, 02:17 PM   #8
jhughes2013
1977 CJ7 

Sounds like a good plan. It will be information overload, but building what you want with all that information is something to be proud of. You are on a good track to an awesome LS budget build which is what many people are after.

Good idea on the exhaust manifolds. I ordered some stainless no-name headers from ebay that were supposed to be for the LS1, but with the stipulation of "You may need to run a header plug on a few of them". This gave me a world of headache and wish I had not thrown out my stock manifolds.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.