any pics of led turn signals? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep CJ Forum > any pics of led turn signals?

BLACK FRIDAY SPECIALS!! You asked, we deliver!Engo winches available at www.rockridge4wd.com! Free shippANOTHER Rockridge4wd Creation!! Spare Tire Carrier Delete

Unread 01-19-2013, 10:47 AM   #1
turbonusse2
1984 CJ7 

any pics of led turn signals?

im looking for pics and where you got led turn signals for your jeep? im wanting to put some in the grill of my jeep.

Unread 01-19-2013, 12:31 PM   #2
Truck633
GO ONE MORE!!

I put the LEDs on the rear with turn,stop,and tail. Still running filament bulbs up front though!

Up here - we go by results, when you preached, people slept. When he flew, people prayed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vindicated View Post
It's like dads new mistress. You hate her until you see her boobs.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ionakana View Post
I bet the new bike riding monkey will pedal a lot faster!
Truck633 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-19-2013, 02:14 PM   #3
Matt80cj
1980 CJ7 

i replaced my bulbs with amber LED bulbs. They are direct replacements for the 1157 bulb. I bought the tower type bulbs and they are a lot brighter. when you look at the jeep it looks stock, just that the lights are brighter.
Matt80cj is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-19-2013, 08:52 PM   #4
Catman
1978 CJ7 

Amber LED's

I just finished painting my CJ myself. I have always had an issue with the stock front RH turn signal lamp rubbing on the Warn 8274 winch. I decided to have my front signal lamps mirror the rear lamps. So, since I was doing body work before the paint, I filled the old grille light hole and made a new one.
dsc02457_zps4965de72.jpg   dsc02459_zps1037fec2.jpg   dsc02458_zps301fb5a1.jpg  
Catman is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-19-2013, 09:08 PM   #5
Captainak
1982 CJ7 

I had to move them as they were fully covered by the winch..... This is what I did for the front.... I'm running all LEDs front side and back now
image-4277507315.jpg   image-3864584758.jpg  
Captainak is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-19-2013, 11:10 PM   #6
har99
1979 CJ7 

I used 4 in gromet leds from ebay, clear front that light amber and red rear. I had to open up the front grill holes a little for proper fitment. I had a new fiberglass tub so I cut fresh holes but I have seen steel tubs cut around the previous light holes to work. They also work awesome and would suggest.
lights.jpg   jeep-rear.jpg  
har99 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-20-2013, 11:09 AM   #7
roboto65

1976 CJ5 

How is the beam projection on those KC headlights?
Unread 01-20-2013, 02:07 PM   #8
har99
1979 CJ7 

Well they actually put out alot of light,they came with H4 bulbs. The high beams seam to spread out alot and seldem even click them on as the lows are sufficient enough. The bad thing about them I have tried to adjust them to aim them lower but I cant seem to get them out of the trees! The lights are acutually plastic type material, but seem to be holding up really well after 2.5 years and no cracks.
har99 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-21-2013, 01:27 PM   #9
Cutlass327
Web Wheeler

1978 CJ5 

I went to 4WDH one day and there was a CJ5 in their showroom that had something like these mounted on the ends of the winch plate, since the winch restricted view of the OE marker/turn lights. Looked good. They weren't the usual 4" one, a little smaller so they weren't overbearing. If/when I get a winch I'll probably do the same. You'd have to use the amber one...

Random Google pic..

1978 CJ5 258/T177/D300, '86 D30/D44 WT axles, 'glass tub windshield frame, and fenders, 31x10.5 BFG A/T, TDK galv'd frame - DD and weekend toy

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f8/ri...8-cj5-1223197/
Cutlass327 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-16-2013, 05:43 PM   #10
D-BO
1985 CJ7 

Do you have the model numbers for your clear front ones har99?

Does anyone else have L.E.D. front grill turn signals? Or has anyone put in some L.E.D. flood lights were those grill turn signals are?

I am going to put 1" amber turn signals on the front of my fenders, so I am looking to replace the stock grill turn signals with some sort of fog or flod light.

I am looking for something that I would have to do little to no cutting as I have pretty new paint.

Quote:
Originally Posted by har99 View Post
I used 4 in gromet leds from ebay, clear front that light amber and red rear. I had to open up the front grill holes a little for proper fitment. I had a new fiberglass tub so I cut fresh holes but I have seen steel tubs cut around the previous light holes to work. They also work awesome and would suggest.
Unread 05-17-2013, 02:25 AM   #11
TUBBS
1976 CJ5 

I have Trucklite LED headlights and LED Turn and Brake lights on the rear, amazing bright very happy. You can see them in my pictures. 4WD Parts stocked them. Have not changed the marker or front turns yet.

Tubbs
TUBBS is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-18-2013, 02:39 AM   #12
WSS
1972 CJ5 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catman View Post
I just finished painting my CJ myself. I have always had an issue with the stock front RH turn signal lamp rubbing on the Warn 8274 winch. I decided to have my front signal lamps mirror the rear lamps. So, since I was doing body work before the paint, I filled the old grille light hole and made a new one.
Forget the leds, tell me about those fenders! Nice rig.

WSS
WSS is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.