JeepForum.com

JeepForum.com (http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/)
-   Jeep CJ Forum (http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f8/)
-   -   any pics of led turn signals? (http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f8/any-pics-led-turn-signals-1465844/)

turbonusse2 01-19-2013 09:47 AM

any pics of led turn signals?

im looking for pics and where you got led turn signals for your jeep? im wanting to put some in the grill of my jeep.

Truck633 01-19-2013 11:31 AM

I put the LEDs on the rear with turn,stop,and tail. Still running filament bulbs up front though!

Matt80cj 01-19-2013 01:14 PM

i replaced my bulbs with amber LED bulbs. They are direct replacements for the 1157 bulb. I bought the tower type bulbs and they are a lot brighter. when you look at the jeep it looks stock, just that the lights are brighter.

Catman 01-19-2013 07:52 PM

Amber LED's

3 Attachment(s)
I just finished painting my CJ myself. I have always had an issue with the stock front RH turn signal lamp rubbing on the Warn 8274 winch. I decided to have my front signal lamps mirror the rear lamps. So, since I was doing body work before the paint, I filled the old grille light hole and made a new one.

Captainak 01-19-2013 08:08 PM

2 Attachment(s)
I had to move them as they were fully covered by the winch..... This is what I did for the front.... I'm running all LEDs front side and back now

har99 01-19-2013 10:10 PM

2 Attachment(s)
I used 4 in gromet leds from ebay, clear front that light amber and red rear. I had to open up the front grill holes a little for proper fitment. I had a new fiberglass tub so I cut fresh holes but I have seen steel tubs cut around the previous light holes to work. They also work awesome and would suggest.

roboto65 01-20-2013 10:09 AM

How is the beam projection on those KC headlights?

har99 01-20-2013 01:07 PM

Well they actually put out alot of light,they came with H4 bulbs. The high beams seam to spread out alot and seldem even click them on as the lows are sufficient enough. The bad thing about them I have tried to adjust them to aim them lower but I cant seem to get them out of the trees! The lights are acutually plastic type material, but seem to be holding up really well after 2.5 years and no cracks.

Cutlass327 01-21-2013 12:27 PM

I went to 4WDH one day and there was a CJ5 in their showroom that had something like these mounted on the ends of the winch plate, since the winch restricted view of the OE marker/turn lights. Looked good. They weren't the usual 4" one, a little smaller so they weren't overbearing. If/when I get a winch I'll probably do the same. You'd have to use the amber one...

Random Google pic..

http://www.truckntow.com/images/Prod...ium/LTL667.jpg

D-BO 05-16-2013 04:43 PM

Do you have the model numbers for your clear front ones har99?

Does anyone else have L.E.D. front grill turn signals? Or has anyone put in some L.E.D. flood lights were those grill turn signals are?

I am going to put 1" amber turn signals on the front of my fenders, so I am looking to replace the stock grill turn signals with some sort of fog or flod light.

I am looking for something that I would have to do little to no cutting as I have pretty new paint.

Quote:

Originally Posted by har99 (Post 14818615)
I used 4 in gromet leds from ebay, clear front that light amber and red rear. I had to open up the front grill holes a little for proper fitment. I had a new fiberglass tub so I cut fresh holes but I have seen steel tubs cut around the previous light holes to work. They also work awesome and would suggest.

TUBBS 05-17-2013 01:25 AM

I have Trucklite LED headlights and LED Turn and Brake lights on the rear, amazing bright very happy. You can see them in my pictures. 4WD Parts stocked them. Have not changed the marker or front turns yet.

Tubbs

WSS 05-18-2013 01:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Catman (Post 14817758)
I just finished painting my CJ myself. I have always had an issue with the stock front RH turn signal lamp rubbing on the Warn 8274 winch. I decided to have my front signal lamps mirror the rear lamps. So, since I was doing body work before the paint, I filled the old grille light hole and made a new one.

Forget the leds, tell me about those fenders! Nice rig.

WSS

The time now is 12:38 PM.