Any Information on Evan-Fisher Windshield Frame - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep CJ Forum > Any Information on Evan-Fisher Windshield Frame

Baseline 4x4 Lifetime Warranty 4340 Chromoly Axle Shaft KiClayton Off Road WJ Long Arm Kits!Clayton Off Road - JK Prototype Gas Tank Skid

Unread 06-26-2013, 06:56 AM   #16
steelhead9
1984 CJ7 

Evan-Fischer is a rip off!

Quote:
Originally Posted by keith460 View Post
Hate to inform you but, Evan-Fischer is just like Omix-Ada, importers of overseas made parts. Same as Sherman, but Sherman deals with mostly body panels made in Taiwan that are paper thin 1mm gauge steel.

Crown has the windshield frames made in China and are a OEM gauge steel but have some minor flaws. And I believe the Omix-Ada frames are made by the same company that makes them for Sherman and Evan-Fischer.... somewhere in Taiwan.

Just last month I met Rommel Juan of MD Juan Company, who make the Repli-Tubs in the Philippines and many other Jeep related parts, at Quadratec. I gave him my original 84' CJ-7 windshield frame, that had a little rust but was still usable, so they could start duplicating them for us in exact OEM quality and fitment. We spent a few minutes going over the fine details of them and compared them to the ones made by Crown, that Quadratec had on hand, and then had the OEM windshield frame shipped back to the Philippines. They should start making them within a year or two. MD Juan currently makes CJ windshield frames but I have never seen one up close or know how the quality is either. Don't even know how you would be able to purchase one or who sells them.

By the way, Amazon sells that Evan-Fischer frame much cheaper than what you are getting it for: http://www.amazon.com/Evan-Fischer-E...f=pd_sxp_f_pt#
Well Keith, it's even worse than you thought! The Evan-Fischer is made in Taiwan just like Crown and is paper thin. It has the same extra bend on the bottom that must be cut off. I am very disappointed! I will never buy anything with Evan-Fischer on the label!

steelhead9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-26-2013, 07:25 AM   #17
lucdog
Web Wheeler

1980 CJ5 

I just wanted to add a FYI so anyone reading this in the future.
Only use boiled linseed oil . Regular linseed oil won't dry, at least not in a good time frame.
Sorry about your windshield frame, that sucks!

Bill
1979 CJ7 360, TH400/Quadratrac trail Jeep.
1979 J20
1980 CJ5 trail Jeep.
1983 CJ7 pretty weekend and sometimes to work Driver in the summer, My first rebuild, if the Q-trac and 5 are broke, this one is the one to take. its just as capable as the other 2, except nice paint.
1984 Grand Wagoneer, 1 ton axles, great 360/727, and a big a$& tree fell on it .
1989 YJ the CJ to YJ conversion.
2005 TJ Rubicon.
2011 Grand Cherokee Laredo 4x4, Mrs. LUCDOG's DD.
Lots of parts not for sale, i'm a hoarder.
lucdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-26-2013, 09:52 AM   #18
Cutlass327
Web Wheeler

1978 CJ5 

Any chance to return it?

1978 CJ5 258/T177/D300, '86 D30/D44 WT axles, 'glass tub windshield frame, and fenders, 31x10.5 BFG A/T, TDK galv'd frame - DD and weekend toy

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f8/ri...8-cj5-1223197/
Cutlass327 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-26-2013, 10:20 AM   #19
chatham

maybe this might work for you

http://cosprings.craigslist.org/pts/3845124109.html
chatham is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.