post #1 of Old 08-17-2003, 04:53 PM Thread Starter
Lightningdon

Any ignition experts here?

I have a 75 CJ5 with the 304. Currently have the GM distributer(a '74 points type) that I have installed the pertronix ignitor into, eliminating the points. I have 1 wire coming from the distributer. Only 2 wires from the control box are used. 2 have been cut and capped. Pretty basic stuff. I want to go to an aftermarket ignition like the MSD 6 offroad or the Mallory Hyfire VI. My questions concern whether I will have compatibility probs. How will this ignition wire up. The instructions for the Mallory show 4 wires as well as battery+ & -. The list of systems says works with OEM or aftermarket electronic ignitions and magnetic crank triggers. Does this include the Pertronix ? I don't want to order something that will not work, or that I can't wire to the set-up I have. Any help would be appreciated.

'97 TJ
'75 CJ5 304cid, t18 tranny w/granny low, model 20 T Case, DANA 44 rear, 30 front, 4" suspension lift, 33" tires, in need of more work!

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil, is for good men to do nothing." (Edmund Burke)