any ideas? - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep CJ Forum > any ideas?

Flowmaster Discount Code! Thank you JeepForum Members!!!!!Truc-Lite LED Headlights! OCONEE OFF-ROAD 706-534-9955Labor Day Sale!

Unread 06-12-2011, 04:06 PM   #16
mopar408
1974 CJ5 

this

while shoving engine/ transmission around to try to slide the engine in, the shifter shifted in to 1st or 2nd gear, and now i cant get it out of gear!

But try the other ideas first. But it is easier to stab w/ toploader off and shifter out of way,it gibes you a chance to inspect a lot of critical things, look for water in tranny etc. plus filling w/ lube you just pour it in.
My bet it's something else anyway.

Unread 06-12-2011, 06:06 PM   #17
jetguy
1984 CJ7 

i'll get at it in the morning and update later. i hope it is not too hot out!
jetguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-13-2011, 08:14 PM   #18
jetguy
1984 CJ7 

ok , it turns out i have the t176 (yeah! its better than the t4!!) i dropped the d300 and t176 today. once i got the t176 out and spun the input shaft, this freed up my stuck stick shift. i also got the stuck pilot bushing out by drilling 2 little holes it it and chisseling it out. i have been sanding the outside dia. of the new pilot bushing so it goes in easier and does not crush the inside diameter of the pilot bushing. i also bought a tranny jack so i can get everything lined up just right (and not crush myself). looking fwd to getting alot done tomorrow. i want to have my rig running in the next 6 days!!!!!
jetguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-13-2011, 09:07 PM   #19
gone2hatteras
1983 CJ7 

On my 83 I used a pilot bearing not a bushing but the bushing will do the same job.
It sounds like you've got yourself a plan, just take your time and it come together.
Good Luck and I hope it'll go together smoothly for you.
gone2hatteras is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.