Any earlycj5 forum members here? - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep CJ Forum > Any earlycj5 forum members here?

Light up the holidays with LED lights from JeepHutIntroducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineRuffstuff Axle Simple Swap Kit!

Unread 12-20-2012, 02:16 PM   #16
danielbuck
2006 TJ Wrangler 

hm... I was told that no gmail accounts would be alowed, and was told to open up another email account elsewhere. Not wanting to make an email account just to sign up for a forum (not being able to get notices and stuff in my real email) I gave up. There was a thread about that here on JF a while back. Several folks offered to help, but in the end, gmail accounts were still denied.

Unread 12-20-2012, 02:38 PM   #17
CJ7dreamer
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Well I have a gmail account and am registered on the site.... Maybe I complained just enough. Haha. It is a great site and worth the effort to get on it.
CJ7dreamer is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-20-2012, 04:03 PM   #18
danielbuck
2006 TJ Wrangler 

I still search through the site, even though I can't join. haha!
Unread 12-22-2012, 12:16 AM   #19
aallison28

I'm there. I've helped several folks here get on there. Never did figure out what the issue was. Gmail? Hotmail? no idea if those had any thing to do with it or not. But I agree with CJ7 Dreamer, ECJ5 is a great website. It's worth the effort.
aallison28 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-22-2012, 11:18 PM   #20
mstrnater
1975 CJ5 

I'm on ecj5 also, great input for intermediate owners. I got denied at first because of a hotmail account, but Duffer helped me out. I spend about the same amount time surfing ecj5 as I do jeep forum.
Unread 01-20-2013, 07:39 AM   #21
F134

I will join the club of people not able to join "earlycj5". After a couple of years!!! of trying they accepted me. Tried with yahoo, gmail and other e-mail addresses. Finally, at end of this week received the good news: they have accepted my application. But the next day another e-mail informed me that I was booted out because I did not meet the requirements I have no idea what those requirements are. I have a jeep, i am working on them, I am not a hacker, I am not a criminal, I am not alcoholic, not using drugs, I am a member of jeep and other forums. What else they need?
F134 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-20-2013, 01:07 PM   #22
F134

Quote:

Account removed at Early CJ5.net > Forums!

Dear Roundfender,

Unfortunately your registration at Early CJ5.net > Forums did not meet our membership requirements. Therefore your registration was deleted.

Sorry,
Early CJ5.net > Forums
This is unbelievable!
Unread 01-21-2013, 01:08 AM   #23
danielbuck
2006 TJ Wrangler 

They must really be having problems with spam. That sucks, because it seems like it's a great resource, I search through it all the time using google. I don't know how most forum registration processes are setup, but it seems like there has to be a software solution to the spam. I mean, there's many other forums that are huge, and you don't have to jump through hoops to join, and they don't have mass blanket email blocking like they have. I have never had problems joining any other forum. Oh well, at least I can still search through it using google, but I'd like to participate, and give back when I can.
Unread 01-21-2013, 11:21 AM   #24
HeathFinnie
1976 CJ5 

Same thing just happened to me. And I even used my own web domain email address (not gmail or yahoo). It didn't give me any requirements to "meet".... I have a 76 CJ5...

Dear Heath,

Unfortunately your registration at Early CJ5.net > Forums did not meet our membership requirements. Therefore your registration was deleted.

Sorry,
Early CJ5.net > Forums
HeathFinnie is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-21-2013, 12:29 PM   #25
danielbuck
2006 TJ Wrangler 

well hopefully they eventually get it all sorted out. I know there's alot of us who would love to join!
Unread 01-21-2013, 12:38 PM   #26
macscal
1978 CJ5 

Denied as well. Tried 2 different accounts ; gmail as well as a .org, both denied. FRUSTRATED!!!!!!
macscal is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-21-2013, 01:03 PM   #27
F134

After a while you get tired of it.
They must have a major problem in their system. Strange that all these people complaining about it and they are not interested in doing something about it. This reminds me to some repro parts manufacturers. Everybody, including them knows, what they manufacture is unusable or wrong size junk and they keep producing it for years and years and years.
Unread 01-21-2013, 04:20 PM   #28
timgr
1975 CJ6 

Well, if you were dropped, I expect it was for a reason. The site is strictly non-commercial (unlike some other Jeep forums we are familiar with) and the rules are spelled out quite plainly. It is run by volunteer moderators and supported by donations. No advertising, strictly family content (100% G-rated), no buying and selling in the discussion forum, and no politics. If that's not for you, then look elsewhere.

The moderators are reasonable guys, and would do their best to remedy the situation ... if you conform to the guidelines. Unfortunately, the guidelines thread is not visible without registration. I will ask to have the guidelines made publicly visible. If you want to send me a PM about your problems registering, I will relay it to the mods.
1) '77 J10 LWB, 258/T15/D20/3.54 bone stock, low options (delete radio), PS, hubcaps. 2) '82 J20 360/T18/NP208/3.73, KOs, 7600 GVWR 3) '75 CJ-6, 304/T15, PS, BFG KM2s, soft top 4) '95 VW Golf Sport 2000cc 2D
timgr is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-21-2013, 05:06 PM   #29
blevisay

Guys Email me blevisay@bellsouth.net
Please include the username and the password you want to use.

Yes we have a bad time with spammers and no we dont do G mail , hot mail and the like.

I am sorry you are having a hard time getting on but I will help those that e mail me.
blevisay is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-21-2013, 05:15 PM   #30
Tumbleweed01
2006 LJ Wrangler 

I have been a member of that forum (and the ones that preceeded it) for over 11 years now. You won't find better tech and a family of friends. Email Billy (Blevisay) and let him help you. He is the one in the position that can make that happen; and I am sure he will answer any questions you may have.
Tumbleweed01 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.