Another wiring question - Page 3 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep CJ Forum > Another wiring question

Rockridge 4WD IS Taking Zone Offroad Suspension Lift Kits ANOTHER Rockridge4wd Creation!! Spare Tire Carrier Delete Dana 30 Truss for your TJ, LJ, ZJ, and XJ

Unread 02-01-2013, 09:50 AM   #31
Quailguy
1986 CJ7 

The switch is the same as the one I replaced. It makes sense about the ground if its done at the dash. I'll check it after work. If I ran a jumper from the dome light ground wire in the switch to a known ground, and got lights, would that tell me the switch is not grounded correctly?

Quailguy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-01-2013, 05:07 PM   #32
Quailguy
1986 CJ7 

You know, sometimes you just over think things. Scraped paint from the hole the switch goes through and bingo, everything works. I appreciate the patience from everyone who tried to talk sense into my thick skull. Bill, Mr Strenk, thank you very much.

Mike
Quailguy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-01-2013, 10:04 PM   #33
lucdog
Web Wheeler

1980 CJ5 

Glad you got it working Mike.

Bill
1979 CJ7 360, TH400/Quadratrac trail Jeep.
1979 J20
1980 CJ5 trail Jeep.
1983 CJ7 pretty weekend and sometimes to work Driver in the summer, My first rebuild, if the Q-trac and 5 are broke, this one is the one to take. its just as capable as the other 2, except nice paint.
1984 Grand Wagoneer, 1 ton axles, great 360/727, and a big a$& tree fell on it .
1989 YJ the CJ to YJ conversion.
2005 TJ Rubicon.
2011 Grand Cherokee Laredo 4x4, Mrs. LUCDOG's DD.
Lots of parts not for sale, i'm a hoarder.
lucdog is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-02-2013, 05:18 PM   #34
John Strenk

1976 CJ5 

Yeah. Congrats!

Sent from my iPhone using JeepForum
John Strenk is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.