Another tranny swap question, T-5 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep CJ Forum > Another tranny swap question, T-5

ANOTHER Rockridge4wd Creation!! Spare Tire Carrier Delete ROCKRIDGE4WD Introduces a NEW Jeep Wrangler JK *led* tail Engo winches available at www.rockridge4wd.com! Free shipp

Unread 01-24-2002, 04:15 PM   #1
Addicted Jeeps Anonymous

Another tranny swap question, T-5

Have an '83 with 258, T-4, & D300 x-case. Want to swap in a T-5. Will the T-5 bolt up to the D300 or do I need an adapter. Also, is the T-5 longer, meaning I have to get new drive shafts?

Unread 01-24-2002, 08:32 PM   #2
hamyscj

Direct bolt in. You don't even need to take the bellhousing off unless you want to replace your clutch. They are also the same length. Later, Hamy.
Unread 01-24-2002, 08:43 PM   #3
Addicted Jeeps Anonymous

Wow, something actually worked out for a change. Thanks for the help!
Unread 01-25-2002, 08:58 AM   #4
mud4me

Hey Addicted -

If you're looking for a T-5 let me know!
Unread 01-25-2002, 09:05 AM   #5
CJeep
Alpha dog

1982 CJ8 

FYI:

Make sure that you snag a Jeep T5. There are several versions of the T5, like in Mustangs, and a few minivans. They are not the same and will not fit. Also, they have really crappy gear ratios.

2004 Grand Limited 4.7 HO - OH Boy!

2010 Grand Laredo 5.7 Hemi - SICK - work vehicle -gone - replaced by an 08 Tahoe - nice ride.

"Both my Doberman and my Jeep can accurately be described as 'black and rust.'"

"I got a fever . . . and the only prescription is more cowbell"
CJeep is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-25-2002, 09:47 AM   #6
Addicted Jeeps Anonymous

Got it from an '83 AMC eagle w/a 258. Will it still work?
Unread 01-25-2002, 10:59 AM   #7
CJEli

How much modification would be required to put a T-5 in my 79 that currently has a T-3? I could really use the extra gears. How much are you guys looking to get for a T-5?

Thanks,

-Eli

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.