another scrambler project - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep CJ Forum > another scrambler project

Stainless Steel Door Hinge PinsPoly Door Hinge BushingsFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye Kit

Unread 08-25-2012, 07:09 AM   #1
daltonw
1981 CJ7 

another scrambler project

Picked up another scrambler project last weekend and was just going to share with you guys some pics and work i've been doing on it. This is the
4th scrambler i've owned but sold all the others
Added it to the family of CJs. I got 2 cj7's still. one was the first one i've ever bought and the black one is my wifes.

Unread 08-25-2012, 07:21 AM   #2
daltonw
1981 CJ7 

more pics

looked at the frame which is in mint condition. pulled the carpet out of cab and was impressed to find solid floors. it used to be a manual but someone made it an auto on the floor. has a 350 in it, not too fond of that but will be changed later. has 33 inch tires with 4 inch superlift on it . runs like a top. none of the lights worked but got most of them working after replacing some of the harness with a spare i had. cleaned up the bed after cleaning out dog box and straw. was worried what i was going to find. the body is straight, needs new fenders. i'm going to get it mechanically sound but plan to restore it back to original in a couple of years. it's a solid starter project.

Unread 08-25-2012, 07:40 AM   #3
daltonw
1981 CJ7 

also wanted to add that the jeep is a darker blue with yellow and light blue pinstriping. to add to this i found what appears to be an official decal on it that says "Indian department of immigration". After research it appears to be Native American form of border patrol. Not sure if this jeep was used for that but i would like to think so.... I got the jeep out of new mexico from a guy that guided hunts but never asked him where he got it.
Unread 08-25-2012, 10:12 AM   #4
walkerhoundvm
1981 CJ8 

Quote:
Originally Posted by daltonw View Post
also wanted to add that the jeep is a darker blue with yellow and light blue pinstriping. to add to this i found what appears to be an official decal on it that says "Indian department of immigration". After research it appears to be Native American form of border patrol. Not sure if this jeep was used for that but i would like to think so.... I got the jeep out of new mexico from a guy that guided hunts but never asked him where he got it.

First thing I thought of when you posted that over on CJ-8.com
walkerhoundvm is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-03-2012, 07:54 PM   #5
daltonw
1981 CJ7 

little update

been doing a little work on the new addition to the family. put a coat of paint on it. nothing permanent by any means but makes it feel more like mine. got lights working and buttoned up some interior projects as well.

not the best of pics but maybe will get better ones this week
a little bit of original decal

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.