Another power steering bracket question - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep CJ Forum > Another power steering bracket question

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineVisit 1aauto.com For ShockTober Deals on Monroe shocks andAdvance Adapters SYE Kits

Unread 08-26-2014, 11:58 AM   #1
Missouri_Red
1978 CJ7 

Another power steering bracket question

I recently picked up a 78 CJ7 that has had a lot of work done on it (its pretty pretty!), but for some reason it does not have power steering. SO, I of course dug around on the internet, found this forum, and promptly searched the snot out of it. Found alot of great articles on how to do the conversion.

Here is the problem: After searching high and low (to include calling some junk yards out in California, Colorado, Montana, Georgia, and a variety of other states), I ended up buying a pump and bracket on ebay (this one to be exact: http://www.ebay.com/itm/181493161714...84.m1423.l2649 ). After getting the part in the mail, it looks like at some point in time the lower right eyelet was sheared off (example picture off of this forum of a good bracket: http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/attac...ersbracket.jpg ) Now, it MIGHT be ok with out that lower bolt hole on the lower right, but I would rather find that rear bracket part so it WILL be ok (dont mind half-assing things when needed to, but never cared for doing that on moving motor parts).

Anyone have a the rear bracket handy they wouldnt mind selling off, or do you think that the one I got will be ok despite my misgivings about it?

Last edited by Missouri_Red; 08-26-2014 at 01:34 PM..
Missouri_Red is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.