Another MC2100 vacuum question! Yay! - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep CJ Forum > Another MC2100 vacuum question! Yay!

FS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitFS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great valueIntroducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Line

Unread 09-09-2013, 03:24 PM   #1
CrankyD
1983 CJ7 

Another MC2100 vacuum question! Yay!

Folks, Help me make sure I understand everything right as I re-route my Vacuum lines for the millionth time. The jeep has been running well enough for the last two years and I've tried a few combinations that work and some that don't. I am going back to this diagram (which is where I started) to see if it runs any better.

My main complaints are it seems like it is running rich by the smell but lean by the heat it builds. I think my prob may be EGR related. I would like to use the EGR system. The plugs look good. I have a 258, Nutter, Team Rush, and MC2100.

The main differences from the diagram and my setup are that I have no bowl vent port (Just An open vent hole on top) and I want to run power brakes. If I cap the canister at the bowl vent port and "T" the power brakes off at the EGR brass fitting I should be good right?

mc2100.jpg

CrankyD is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-09-2013, 04:14 PM   #2
Matt1981CJ7
Web Wheeler

1981 CJ7 

No, do not T the brake booster into the EGR. The EGR is designed to run on ported vacuum, the brake booster needs manifold vacuum.

There should be a manifold vac nipple near the EGR. It's labeled "M" in the diagram below.

Hope this helps,

Matt
vacuumlayout2.jpg

Matt1981CJ7 is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.