Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner

Another Jeep Newbie, wanting to introduce myself, and my jeep.(With a shock question)

1K views 7 replies 4 participants last post by  JeepPride 
#1 ·
Hello fellow jeepers! I am new to the forum as I said, I have been building a 76' CJ7 for about a year now.. It was stock when I got it (besides a shackle lift) It HAD the "quadratack" After 1,000 Bucks, and still no 4WD. Needless to say we didn't get along to well.. I pulled all running gear out!! Modified for the NP 205, S.O.A, Dana 44s, Kept the stock amc turbo 400, and the 304 motor. I am close to having a moving jeep again! My Question is I Just installed my new rancho shocks yesterday. And I only gave myself 5 3/4 inches of up travel.. I am wondering now that they are installed now, if I allowed enough travel?? Plus I need 25 post so I can upload some pics of my build, and I need to meet some friends on here.. :cheers2:

#2 ·
Welcome! You can get a free account at photobucket and just post the links here.

You really don't want the shocks limiting the spring travel, things will break.

If those are rancho 5000 shocks they are not too fondly known as filling removers and you 'will' need a biker or weight lifter's kidney belt to drive with them. I was also told Victorias secret makes a body duct tape to reinforce a sports bra for any women you have as passengers...

#4 ·
I have heard good things about doetsch shocks. They even make jeep specific ones.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.