Another Jeep CJ7 Build - Page 7 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep CJ Forum > Another Jeep CJ7 Build

Savvy/Currie Aluminum Control ArmsRockridge 4WD IS Taking Zone Offroad Suspension Lift Kits ZONE 4.25" combo lift for TJ available at Rockridge4w

Unread 09-03-2008, 01:32 PM   #91
CopperCJ7
1984 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by GO-NOLES84 View Post
Oh, where did you get the CJ-7 emblem above the drivers tail light?
Easily found on Ebay.

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Strenk View Post
What CJ owner doesn't want to hack up his harness for the next owner to have fun with?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Broseph View Post
The thread will derail quicker than a walrus on a Crisco-soaked Slip 'n' Slide.
CopperCJ7 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-07-2008, 08:17 PM   #92
andresesquire
1984 CJ7 

Chugging along, I have been wanting to post more pics as I went, but since I only get to work on the project on Saturdays I don't always have time. Got rained out last weekend, but managed to get a few things done anyway.

Here are some pics. BTW I installed an old seat only so I could test drive and move it.

I am pretty pleased with the progress. Installing the wiring harness was pretty easy and I can't read wiring diagrams. I got rid of all the computer stuff and wires and fabricated my own engine harness with Jeephammer's diagrams. With two diagrams from John Strenk and a few from Jeephammer I got it to run first time. I don't see why the Painless harness costs so much.

Really there are five harnesses: the rear, which includes tail lights, gas sender etc.; the drivetrain, which includes the transfer case, trans. etc.; the front lighting harness; the dash and the engine harness.

Got the choke, manifold heater, oil pressure switch set up and working. Also got egr, cto, canister working.

Just thought I would mention all this stuff in case anyone is considering doing any of this, if I can do it, anyone can with a little help from the Jeepforum. So, to all those that have helped me along the way without even knowing, thanks!

Still got a lot of detail work to do and will be posting more pics as I progress.
andresesquire is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-07-2008, 09:25 PM   #93
jatepper
1985 CJ7 

Unbelievable progress. IMHO, one of the nicest restos I have seen. I love the look of a stock CJ and you have replicated it amazingly. Those seats you got are gonna look freaking amazing once installed!
Automatic-258 I6- Detroit lockers front/rear - Superior 1-piece axles, Ramsey Pro 9000 Winch, Quick Disconnects, 33 BFG AT's, 4.10 gears, Howell TBI, DUI HEI Ignition, Ground Pounder Rear Bumper / Tire Carrier Combo, Handen Fab integrated winch plate front bumper w/hoop, ORF weld-in front sport cage.

USMC 1999-2004 Semper Fi!

Hood Hi-Lift Jack Mounts for CJ/YJ/TJ/JK

Torchmate CNC Plasma Table Build / Projects

The Target Man, LLC - AR500 Shooting Targets
jatepper is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-07-2008, 09:41 PM   #94
CopperCJ7
1984 CJ7 

I love the progress as well. BUT do yourself a HUGE favor and MOVE THAT FUEL LINE / FILTER AWAY FROM THE EXHAUST MANIFOLD. Please!!!!!! That is an engine fire waiting to happen.

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Strenk View Post
What CJ owner doesn't want to hack up his harness for the next owner to have fun with?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Broseph View Post
The thread will derail quicker than a walrus on a Crisco-soaked Slip 'n' Slide.
CopperCJ7 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-07-2008, 09:46 PM   #95
jagerlager
1979 CJ7 

Just found this thread.
Outstanding!
dana 30 front axle - amc 20 rear axle
in line six 258

"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote."

[URL="http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=473436"]Frame repair thread[/URL]

[URL="http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=518603"]Tub repair thread[/URL]

[URL="http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=562223"][U]Assembly thread[/U][/URL]
jagerlager is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-08-2008, 07:20 AM   #96
GO-NOLES84
1984 CJ7 

Looks great! X2 on the fuel line and filter. For someone not to have much experience, you've done a wonderful job. Keep the updates coming. That thing is sure to get the babydolls looking.
GO-NOLES84 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-08-2008, 07:22 AM   #97
GO-NOLES84
1984 CJ7 

I do have one ?, why didn't you add power brakes?
Unread 09-09-2008, 02:53 PM   #98
Jeep4L1fe
1995 XJ Cherokee 

Incredible!!
Jeep4L1fe is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-09-2008, 04:33 PM   #99
Dubl0Vert
1984 CJ7 

Awesome job, that is some quality work you put in!!
Dubl0Vert is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-09-2008, 06:35 PM   #100
1980tallcj7
1980 CJ7 

Sure is purdy!
...When you get done, will u paint mine too?
Steve
Unread 09-10-2008, 12:01 PM   #101
thebrownsfive

What a beautiful restoration job, I do have a question about your wiper arm mounting. Did you stop them at that position or reinstall them in that position? I may be wrong but you may need to install them in the other position or when you hit you wipers for the first time you may scratch that pretty paint job. Just an observation.

Steve
thebrownsfive is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-10-2008, 02:24 PM   #102
bigjoe
1977 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by andresesquire View Post
Lookin' good, but hate to tell you that your tailgate hinges are on upside down!
Ouch! I guess I do. I'll have to flip them over this weekend. I wasn't sure, but since you mentioned I went back and looked at some pictures and sure enough. It's too bad most aftermarket parts don't come with instructions.

Thanks[/QUOTE]

Well that's it. Not worth following along anymore since you can't put the parts on the right way. Ok just kidding. Looks (fill in the blank) OUTSTANDING!

I think I hate you too. I look at your work and start getting mad how I'm not moving forward at all on my projects. HATE YOU! Ok I'm ok now. Nice work man. Nice work.
bigjoe is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-15-2008, 09:09 AM   #103
GO-NOLES84
1984 CJ7 

Update....Update......Pics.....pics.....
Unread 09-15-2008, 09:59 AM   #104
EvilCj7

Woww..............looks very nice!!!
EvilCj7 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-24-2008, 07:02 AM   #105
GO-NOLES84
1984 CJ7 

Still got a lot of detail work to do and will be posting more pics as I progress.[/QUOTE]

Any more updates? Are you up and running. Your cj looks awesome. Update..update...

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.