Another Headlight Relay Mod Thread - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep CJ Forum > Another Headlight Relay Mod Thread

ZONE 4.25" combo lift for TJ available at Rockridge4wJeep Wrangler Bushwacker Flat Fender Flare Sale at BaselinRIGID LED Light Blowout Sale - All Sizes, All Series, all

Unread 09-21-2014, 06:19 PM   #1
batmn77
1982 CJ7 

Another Headlight Relay Mod Thread

Alright, here is the dilemma: I have wired up my relays and spliced into the factory high and low beam wires. The high beams light up, but the low beams do not. I replaced the dimmer switch and it still does the same thing. Also, if I take the "trigger" wire and connect it directly to the battery the low beams work. Could the actual headlight switch be bad?

batmn77 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-21-2014, 06:54 PM   #2
waterdowg
1984 CJ7 

Did you have Low Beams before you put in the relays?
waterdowg is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-21-2014, 06:56 PM   #3
batmn77
1982 CJ7 

Yes, everything worked perfect before starting this project.
batmn77 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-21-2014, 09:31 PM   #4
CSP

If the headlight switch was bad the highs wouldn't work.
CSP is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-22-2014, 05:54 PM   #5
Spieg8
1984 CJ8 

Should be pretty easy to track the problem if you have a volt meter or even a test light. Are the fuses/circuit breakers/fusible links (whichever you are using) all okay? Sounds like you are getting battery power to the relay, but not getting power from the factory wiring coming from the dimmer switch. Gotta be a bad dimmer switch or wiring between the switch and the relay (check your splice and that the plugs are all seated completely).
Spieg8 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.