another body rot question - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep CJ Forum > another body rot question

Savvy/Currie Aluminum Control ArmsROCK BOTTOM prices on LIFT KITS at Rockridge4wd!! WANT TO December Specials at Jeephut.com

Unread 04-04-2005, 11:00 AM   #1
dali555
2008 JK Wrangler 

another body rot question

Hi gurus..... I have bubbling going on under my windshield frame where it meets the cowl..... Doesn't look overly bad but I can't weld at all and I am looking for solutions to fix it.... seam sealer? I will be grinding away all the rust and paint and just need a fix.... any ideas.. It is the full length if the jeep and no bigger than half an inch at the biggest spot......
Marc

1969 Mach 1 Mustang 428CJ.... show car.... my BABY!!!
dali555 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-04-2005, 11:19 AM   #2
m-l_johnny
CJ7 

I would venture to guess the rust areas will be worse than they appear once all the paint is cleaned off. I've never tried this product from the por15 folks, but wonder if it would work for you. http://www.por15.com/product.asp?productid=39
I have a lot of pinholes in the bottom of my windshield frame and will be looking at something like that as a repair.
m-l_johnny is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-04-2005, 01:02 PM   #3
BIGM

Hey guys new windshield frames are only about $150. The labor to take em off and strip them is not that bad. Only real problem is just getting the paint to match depending on the condition of the paint and how old it is. Just a thought.
BIGM is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-04-2005, 09:43 PM   #4
Pacfanweb
Go Wolfpack

1981 CJ7 

Yep, you're going to find that there's a lot more rust there than you think. More than worth it to get a new frame vs. all the labor it'd take to fix yours.
Pacfanweb is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-05-2005, 01:35 PM   #5
dali555
2008 JK Wrangler 

It isn't the windshield frame itself.... it is where the windshield comes down and meets the cowl area.... it is where the seam is.
Marc
1969 Mach 1 Mustang 428CJ.... show car.... my BABY!!!
dali555 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-05-2005, 02:56 PM   #6
Slipslap

So the part under the windshield frame? Thats part of the tub then. Maybe it won't be that bad when you get into it. You can sand it and cut the bad stuff out. Then POR15 the stuff left then patch it with sheet metal.
Slipslap is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.