AMC20 Conversion to disc brake - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep CJ Forum > AMC20 Conversion to disc brake

Savvy Billet LED Tail LightsLight up the holidays with LED lights from JeepHutIntroducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Line

Unread 02-16-2002, 01:29 PM   #1
CJ10a

AMC20 Conversion to disc brake

I'm too far down the road to swap out my AMC 20 (ARB locker, moser 1 piece shafts, 4.56 ratio) so I'm going to stick with it and upgrade to disc brakes as I'm fed up of putting in new shows every 3 months with wheelin.

Don't want to buy an expensive Warn kit, floating axle and all.

Anybody done this and comments on change to disc with the 1 piece shafts?

Links to any articles would also be of great value.

Ta

Custom everything and most of my life savings
CJ10a is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-16-2002, 08:15 PM   #2
junger

Are you looking to homebrew a setup or buy a kit? I'd recommend going with a kit from TSM (http://www.tsmmfg.com/) and would avoid the Stainless Steel Brakes kit. Search the net and you'll find plenty of articles describing it... Also, contact TSM over the phone. They're very help and will describe what type of calipers you'll need (70s Cadillac) to retain a parking brake. If you need any more help, contact me via email and I could suggest a couple of more things.

Good luck.

-Josh
junger is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-17-2002, 03:44 AM   #3
CJ10a

Thanks

TSM look like they might do something that will work. I'll drop them an email and see if they can ship to England.

To answer your question I was looking at a custom set-up using Suzuki rotors and Isuzu calipers (inc parking brake) but if someone does a kit all the better.

If you know of any interesting links on the subject please email me on ebspjw@aol.com

Ta
Unread 02-18-2002, 12:35 PM   #4
junger

I've looked into the Suzuki rotors... what specific Isuzu calipers are you going to use? Do they hold well?

-J
junger is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-20-2002, 09:17 AM   #5
CJ10a

Think we've sorted this one back channel but for other readers I'm considering SJ410 or 413 rotors as they are 5 on 5.5 pcd with a large centre hole.

Isuzu 4x4 calipers as they are off road ones with the parking brake built in. In the UK there only seems to be 2 designs (pre and post '92) which I understand either will work.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.