AMC 360 Water Pump Issue - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep CJ Forum > AMC 360 Water Pump Issue

Labor day sale @ rockridge 4wd! 8/29-9/1 site wide..promo FS: Jeep Fog Light LED Bulbs! Several Brightness Options! RIGID LED Light Blowout Sale - All Sizes, All Series, all

Unread 03-16-2013, 04:50 AM   #1
Crisco87
1977 CJ7 

AMC 360 Water Pump Issue

Hello all! I have run into a very strange situation (aren't they all with a Jeep). So I am in the process of rebuilding my entire Jeep; more of a personally-done frame off really.

Well anyways, I am at the point where I am putting the accessories onto the timing cover and want to get a new water pump. I went to Advanced Auto quite a while ago and picked up what they said fit.

Fast forward over a year later and I am ready to install it...WRONG! All of the bolt holes are about 1/2" off.

I went to Advanced again last night and tried to buy another (different) one but the same thing occurred! This time I brought the gasket that fits the timing cover to compare BEFORE purchase!

I will try to get some pictures up soon since I am still at work.

So my questions are:
---Have any of you run into this before?
---What water pump did you replace with?

Crisco87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-16-2013, 07:22 AM   #2
82JeepCJ7
1982 CJ7 

Mine is a stock replacement for a mid 80s 360 in a Wagoneer. But, they are all almost the same. The major differences are if they have AC or not. The pumps for those with AC are built up next to the left bolt so you don't need a spacer for the brackets. Other than that, the mounting surfaces are all the same. Are you sure your not ordering one for a Dodge 360?

Wheel, Wrench, Repeat.
82JeepCJ7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-16-2013, 07:35 PM   #3
Crisco87
1977 CJ7 

Yes I am sure. Well...I am sure that the Advanced Auto employee entered Jeep Wagoneer AMC 360 into his PC. That's not to say their parts system is incorrect.

I just wish I knew why the heck these bolt holes are just a hair off. But you're saying having an A/C results in a different model water pump entirely?

It makes me scared to order one offline because if EVERY available water pump Advanced has (GMB model) is incorrect, I don't see how Quadratec or any of the other parts dealers would have anything different. And I REALLY don't want to deal with returning via mail! Ugh!
Crisco87 is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.