AMC 360 headers - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep CJ Forum > AMC 360 headers

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineOld Man Emu WK Lift - Black Friday Special!!The Original 3/8" Ruffstuff Diff Cover!

Unread 03-28-2002, 10:19 AM   #1
studdmc

AMC 360 headers

I bought an '84 Jeep from a guy last summer. He had installed a 360 in the Jeep and was running headers and glass packs that exited under the driver and passenger seats. I am wanting to run the exhaust out the rear of the jeep and maintain the dual exhaust. I am wanting to replace the headers on there already due to leaks but I can not seem to be able to find any headers that will fit. The headers on there now are hooker headers, but hooker is not listing any headers for the 360. Does anyone know where I can purchase headers for a 360 that will work in my '84?

Unread 03-28-2002, 11:40 AM   #2
Bulletproofcj7

4wheel drove hardware and quadratec sell hedman brand headers that fit real nice, I've got a set of the hedman HTC (high tec coating)headers. they come with gaskets and all the hardware you need but i recomend buying copper gaskets from mr gasket,( for any brand header) they will save you loads of trouble down the road!
jason
1982 cj7. Frame off. shell valley kevlar body, stainless hinges, Bestop seats and supertop, KC titanium lights, Homemade swing out tire carrier with spare front wheel bearings/hub, Built 304,DUI,Edelbrock shorty headers with dual stainless 21/2 tubes into incynerator cans 21/4 dumped out the back,Edelbrock 600cfm, performer intake and cam, Borgeson lower column, Centerforce clutch, NV-4500, Dana 300 w/custom built twin stick, Homade 1/4" steel skid plate, 2.5 soft ride w/ 1" shackle lift, 33x12.5 mtr's. Stainless fuel and brake lines, Braided hoses. more...
Bulletproofcj7 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-28-2002, 11:51 AM   #3
studdmc

Very excellent. Thanks for the information. Any idea bout how much those run? I am assuming the HTC is the best way go?
Unread 03-28-2002, 12:08 PM   #4
Bulletproofcj7

They are expensive, around $300 or $360. or so.
Well worth it though if you are going to keep the jeep any length of time.
1982 cj7. Frame off. shell valley kevlar body, stainless hinges, Bestop seats and supertop, KC titanium lights, Homemade swing out tire carrier with spare front wheel bearings/hub, Built 304,DUI,Edelbrock shorty headers with dual stainless 21/2 tubes into incynerator cans 21/4 dumped out the back,Edelbrock 600cfm, performer intake and cam, Borgeson lower column, Centerforce clutch, NV-4500, Dana 300 w/custom built twin stick, Homade 1/4" steel skid plate, 2.5 soft ride w/ 1" shackle lift, 33x12.5 mtr's. Stainless fuel and brake lines, Braided hoses. more...
Bulletproofcj7 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-28-2002, 10:41 PM   #5
jeepdaddy2000
1971 CJ5 

Just a thought, you could always replace the headers with stock manifolds and still maintain the dual exhaust.They aren't as cool as headers but they rarely leak, are quieter, and almost never crack.Headers have minimal gains below 3500RPM's so depending on the type of wheeling you do,may not even be neccessary.
jeepdaddy2000 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-29-2002, 10:40 AM   #6
4wheeler4CJ

Quick question:

I don't know what headers I have on my 360, I inherited the Jeep the way it is, LOL, but does the header have to come off to change the starter? Looks like it needs to, anyone have any trick? The header is so close, the starter looks trapped.
4wheeler4CJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-20-2010, 01:26 PM   #7
tensley
1990 FSJ Wagoneer 

I have put the Edelbrock Ceramic shorty headers on my Grand Wagoneer. It is a direct bolt on and was clear of everything(plug wires, starter, ect). It comes with everything you need and a nice warranty as well.
tensley is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-20-2010, 02:02 PM   #8
fuzz401
1978 CJ7 

the headers on the jeep do not go by engin size just amc -v8 ; all the AMc v-8 are the same size

your options are wheelwell or in frame headers or elderbrock makes shorty headers and last factory exhaust manafolds
turbo 400 tranny 2500 stall
model 20 transfer case
aj delux glass body
4" lift
dana 30 frount
dana 44 rear
4.56 gears
http://img2.photobucket.com/albums/v...slideshow=true
http://photobucket.com/albums/v31/fu...slideshow=true
13.461 @ 92.45 mph on 37" super swampers on 1/4 mile
fuzz401 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-01-2011, 09:58 AM   #9
78J10Owner
1978 J-Series Truck 

to get the starter off on a J10 with headers...drop the bolts...and rotate the starter over the front shaft then give it about 1/4 to 1/2 turn and she will come right out between the frame and front shaft...or at least it does on mine...
78J10Owner is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.