amc 150 engine weight - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep CJ Forum > amc 150 engine weight

Stainless Steel Door Hinge PinsPoly Door Hinge BushingsSave at JeepHut on Smittybilt Soft tops

Unread 07-01-2007, 10:20 AM   #1
Cpolinsky
1984 CJ7 

amc 150 engine weight

I'm going to be taking my 4 cyl engine out to get it rebuilt (i know that i should just put in what i want a 304 but due to funds right now i can't really afford to get a transmission and a v8 at the same time so i'm rebuilding the 4 cyl and then i will start building the v8 when i have more time since this is my daily driver) and I was wondering roughly what does it weight? I will be doing this by myself and was concerned that it would weight too much for me. A friend thought it was in the 150-200ish range and i've seen v8 in the 650 range. I just want to make sure in case i need to get a friend to come out and help me out.

thanks

Also thank you to everyone who has helped answer questions in the past post that I have left. As a new jeep person this website has been extremely helpful and I wanted to say thanks for have the site up and for all your help. I'm eventually doing a major overhaul and lift and everything i will post pics along the way or when it's done. thanks again

Cpolinsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-01-2007, 04:05 PM   #2
kavephish
1981 CJ5 

According to this website, the Pontiac version of the Iron Duke is 350 lbs, and to my understanding the engines were very similar....

http://www.241computers.com/ford/Con...s20-30-38.html

Last edited by kavephish; 07-01-2007 at 04:17 PM..
kavephish is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.