Am I the only person...... - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep CJ Forum > Am I the only person......

TeraFlex Now at Rockridge 4WD! BEST DEALS around!Alloy usa heavy duty ball joint kitsENGO QUADLUX 6" to 54" LED AMBER AND WHITE MULTI

Unread 03-28-2004, 08:57 PM   #1
jeepsarecool
1982 CJ7 

Am I the only person......

who can't see Sh$t out of the cj side mirrors? Is there some secret to them that nobody's told me yet? I use mine mostly for decoration, and sometimes banging into.

jeepsarecool is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-28-2004, 09:22 PM   #2
Kenishere

your right they suck, they are only there to meet the legal requirements
Kenishere is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-29-2004, 01:03 AM   #3
kairo
2002 TJ Wrangler 

i have KC 69's on my mirror brackets, so I can't even see my right mirror unless I am using the light, and have to move my mirror down close to the door or take it off
kairo is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-29-2004, 09:39 AM   #4
Geer_hed

funny I was just contemplating that last night on a speedo/gaugeless trip up to Walmart for carriage bolts, carb cleaner, and undercoat...

Even when I had it aligned correctly, they shake like all hell is breaking loose under the hood so all you can see a pile of headlight pudding behind you....
Unread 03-29-2004, 11:37 PM   #5
Hale

I don't have any side mirrors on it yet, but I can't see jack-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-= out of the rearview mirror. I am one of those people who tend to look at their rearview A LOT while driving. I like to know whats going on around me at all times. But in the CJ, I just cant do it because the rearview shakes soooo bad.
Unread 03-30-2004, 08:08 AM   #6
CJ-5

Lmao

LMAO, Sounds like you guys need to balance your tires...LOL
"headlight pudding" that's hilarius !!!
CJ-5 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-30-2004, 09:10 AM   #7
JoeCJ
1981 CJ7 

Add a couple of those round stick-on bubble mirrors to a corner in each of your side mirrors. They're small, but they give you a much larger field of view, and the image in them doesn't bounce and shake like the flat mirrors do. I couldn't live without them. I've added them to my truck, too.

Not a good picture (I zoomed in on the only photo I had handy) but you get the idea.
Unread 03-30-2004, 02:59 PM   #8
Geer_hed

I just go with the "if you can see their headlights, you probably won't hit them" philosophy. It's not like you got a big @$$ on the CJ anyhow, but if I ever find my philosophy fails me, I hope my new friends like black!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.