Am I missing the dash overlay panel or.... - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep CJ Forum > Am I missing the dash overlay panel or....

JEEP Gear Change Packages From ROCKRIDGE 4WD. We Are DIFFAlloy usa heavy duty ball joint kitsROCKRIDGE4WD Introduces a NEW Jeep Wrangler JK *led* tail

Unread 11-25-2013, 10:17 AM   #1
seabass1858
Web Wheeler

1983 CJ7 

Am I missing the dash overlay panel or....

I been looking at interiors of many cjs and been wondering if all of them had a dash overlay panel at one time. Im trying to do an original restore and need to know if I need to buy one. Also was black dash, black door panels, and black carpet common with almond beige body and tan seats because thats what was in it when i got it and the seats look 100% original. I also ripped the nasty carpet out.

get-attachment.aspx.jpeg   interior.jpeg   visor.jpeg  
seabass1858 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-25-2013, 10:25 AM   #2
FLynes
Web Wheeler

1976 CJ5 

Quote:
Originally Posted by seabass1858
I been looking at interiors of many cjs and been wondering if all of them had a dash overlay panel at one time. Im trying to do an original restore and need to know if I need to buy one. Also was black dash, black door panels, and black carpet common with almond beige body and tan seats because thats what was in it when i got it and the seats look 100% original. I also ripped the nasty carpet out.
The dash overlay panel was available with the Décor Group, which included the Sport Steering Wheel, the Padded Dash Pad, Grab Bar, Rocker Panel Mouldings and the 8" Day/Night Rear View Mirror. There might have been something else, but I can't remember off the top of my head.

High Plains Drifter
1976 CJ-5
Lime Green
Black Wellington Vinyl Bench Seats
258 I-6 1bbl
T-150 3-Speed
3.54:1 Open Gears

Grammar Test
FLynes is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-25-2013, 10:27 AM   #3
seabass1858
Web Wheeler

1983 CJ7 

as you see I dont have any of that so it must have never been there. What gets me though is the renegade decal on the exterior. what do you think of my tan and black interior scheme
Unread 11-25-2013, 10:33 AM   #4
FLynes
Web Wheeler

1976 CJ5 

I actually like the tan and black scheme. Remember that just because it's not there doesn't mean that it wasn't.

High Plains Drifter
1976 CJ-5
Lime Green
Black Wellington Vinyl Bench Seats
258 I-6 1bbl
T-150 3-Speed
3.54:1 Open Gears

Grammar Test
FLynes is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-25-2013, 10:39 AM   #5
CJ7VFR

I have a tan and black interior too!

I have owned my Jeep for almost 22 years, and I love the look.

Also, the dash pad was an option you could get without actually having all the addtional
items FLynes mentioned.

My Jeep is a base model, with nothing as far as options or option groups. But mine came
with a dash pad.

There are also two types of dash pads. One for Jeeps that had a hardtop as an option, and
one with just the soft doors.

The difference is that the dash pad for the hard tops have indentations in them on the ends
for the vent windows in the hard doors to rotate inside. The soft top version, which is what
I have, does not have these indentations.

Here is a picture of mine. Two changes I made was to wrap my base steering wheel and
the grab bar in leather to make it feel better in my hands.
img_0714.jpg  
CJ7VFR is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-25-2013, 10:44 AM   #6
seabass1858
Web Wheeler

1983 CJ7 

looks like what my carpet did before i threw it out because of mildew and my dash has the indentations as it was an original hardtop. so it looks that the tan and black interior with a beige body doesnt that bad after all. I know i have to work all that spaghetti of radio wiring out under my dash.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.