Am I an idiot? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep CJ Forum > Am I an idiot?

ZONE 4.25" combo lift for TJ available at Rockridge4wG2 Disc Brake Conversion Kit for Jeep Wrangler YJ TJ LJ ChANOTHER Rockridge4wd Creation!! Spare Tire Carrier Delete

Unread 04-30-2013, 01:24 PM   #1
GKB
2005 WK 

Am I an idiot?

I don't have room for another vehicle but know where there is a 84 CJ7 lost title wiring all cut up and or missing V8 Straight shift rust through in one spot drivers side no front seats and front end "needs work" but it has a hard top and I can get it for $800. I know the answer but should I just make room for it?

Unread 04-30-2013, 01:31 PM   #2
WNC-84CJ7
1984 CJ7 

Offer 500.
"No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms. The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government"
-- Thomas Jefferson, 1 Thomas Jefferson Papers, 334
WNC-84CJ7 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-30-2013, 01:39 PM   #3
Balvar24
1979 CJ7 

I was thinking $400.
Unread 04-30-2013, 02:15 PM   #4
Lpat
1984 CJ7 

I honestly think 800 is fair but I would try and get it for less. the hardtop alone is worth 4-800 so there's half or all of your money back. as long as it runs then I would go for it and if you need space back then just resell it and make a profit
Unread 04-30-2013, 02:16 PM   #5
GKB
2005 WK 

it does not run. The wiring is butchered.
Unread 04-30-2013, 02:45 PM   #6
wm69

What engine/transmission/axles? What gear ratio?

If you have "a little" rust, but a crappy drivetrain, and a base model (no optional stuff to sell if you part it out) then $800 would be on the high end. For example, a 304 (or even worse, non original/ AMC V8), T4/T5, Dana 300 with 2.73's and some rust, with NO TITLE, even with a hard top, probably isn't worth the asking price. On the other hand, if you have a good running V8 with T176 and 3.31's or higher in the front and rear, you've got some good marketable parts.

I figure up what something is worth if I part it out. With no title that's pretty much all you're buying; parts, so it makes sense to take the LOW figure of what the parts would bring and offer quite a bit LESS than that since you gotta tear it down to sell the parts.

If you think you can get a title for it, and can get it cheap enough, by all means do so, but for valuation it's still worth no more (to me) than the sum of its parts minus your time to strip it.

85 CJ7 258, A/C, T176, MC2100, Team Rush, Warn XD8000i, superwinch hubs, 3in lift 31" BFG AT/KO
wm69 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-30-2013, 07:16 PM   #7
75*CJ

Just like Jell-O...there's always room for more.
75*CJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-30-2013, 08:14 PM   #8
Ken4444
Corripe Cervisiam

1985 CJ7 

I have seen so many CJs passed from owner to owner because no one had time for another project. I would avoid buying anything that you don't really need. If you want to make a profit by selling the parts, that might work but it will take some time and effort.
Unread 05-01-2013, 11:14 AM   #9
Balvar24
1979 CJ7 

Local scrap yard gives $200/ton for vehicles.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.